GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 19birel

Seat upgrades & safety rules

Hey all, I've been contemplating a seat upgrade as trying to hold myself in the stock seats isn't very fun. Seats aren't terribly cheap so I've considered the option of either two budget friendly seats (no ebay garbage don't worry) or a single recaro becuase who cares about passengers, right...
  2. 19birel

Oil Cooler with a FMIC?

So not long ago I picked up a twintercooler setup for my MK7.5, so far so good, but in my infinite wisdom I failed to realize that the fmic would occupy the space where I'd potentially install an oil cooler down the line. Is anyone running an oil cooler with an fmic that can shed some light on...
  3. 19birel

Will it Rub?- Wheel Fitment Question

So I'm running a set of ET43 Apex SM-10s and wanted to put a 5mm spacer on to really dial in the fitment. I did a little test fit and whilst it looks like the rear will be fine, the front seems like it will be close. The spacers I did this mock up with have the wrong centerbore so I can't test...
  4. 19birel

Mamba IS38 Extreme Turbo

So Mambatek turbos have become a somewhat popular budget choice as of late, but I just stumbled across their seemingly new (at least I hadn't heard of it before) IS38 Extreme turbo. Link to Turbo Sizing wise it seems to be somewhere between an EQT Vortex and and APR DTR 6054 for reference, so...
  5. 19birel

Aftermarket steering wheel & retaining buttons

Has anyone done an aftermarket wheel and retained their steering wheel buttons? I have seen kits for some JDM cars that facilitate this but nothing for the MK7 so far. I'd love a smaller wheel in my car but I can't go without the buttons haha
  6. 19birel

Stock Pirelli P7s on Track

Hello all, Has anyone run the P7s on track? They're pretty bad on the street so I was wondering if anyone who has experienced them on track can shed some light on whether or not I'm going to pissed off I didn't get better tyres haha. I'm not trying to set any records, but I have lots of track...
  7. 19birel

Basic Audio Upgrade Help

Hello All, I have a 2021 GTI SE (base sound system, but with the nicer headunit) and am looking for a modest audio upgrade. My other car, a 2013 Audi A4, has a Bang & Olufsen system (with Infinity front door speakers) and it kicks the crap out of the VW's setup in terms of depth and clarity. I...
  8. 19birel

Fuel Economy When Tuned

Hey all, I wanted to ask what kind of highway fuel economy you guys have been getting when tuned. Stock these cars are pretty darn efficient, so I'm curious how much that drops once the power starts to get turned up. It would be nice if the car could still be a fuel sipper even with a bigger...
  9. 19birel

Boosting on a Budget- 19birel's MK7.5 Build

EDIT: I will be updating this first post with the car's most current mod list Exterior - ECS Tuning Street shield -Sequential mirror turn signals -Clear bra on headlights, front bumper, partial hood, partial fenders -Yellow tinted fog lights -Xpel nanoceramic 30% tint Interior - WCT...
  10. 19birel

Build Questions

Hey everyone, Long story short I'm planning to pick up a GTI as a secondary car to build into my first "fast" car. I've been doing a ton of research but have struggled to find conclusive answers to a few questions so I figured I'd ask and see if anyone could help! Power- On a stock motor...