GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. H

Buying and transporting cross county

Keeping my options open for the best deal I can find. A buyback title no matter how clean the car is is a blemish that cannot be overlooked and the dealer is asking only $3K less than what they are selling new GTIs for. I think there should be a bigger discount from a new GTI but they don;t...
  2. H

Anyone ever do a private party sale that required transport? How do you find a reliable trustworthy auto broker? Both parties need to feel comfortable sending a car and sending money to people you don't know. At least buying from a dealer there is a car dealer there is a level of confidence...
  3. H

Anyone bought a car and had to transport it thousands of miles? How does insurance work? Did the car arrive damage free? Living in Hawaii I need the car transported from the middle of continent to the west coast then loaded onto a container and shipped to Hawaii. It may sound crazy but even...
  4. H

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

Okay thanks. Now I just need to negotiate a price that takes into account the defected title because from what I can gather resale drops dramatically if you ever want to sell or trade-in a car with manufacturer buyback title.
  5. H

I was trying to buy a GTI from the mainland and have it shipped to Hawaii. Would Hawaii VW dealers be responsible for applying the Hawaii Lemon Law for cars purchased out of state? I'm certainly not shipping the car back once it gets here. If you feel the stall coming can you blip the throttle...
  6. H

I asked the dealer what would be my recourse as the 2nd buyer if the stalling issue was not cured as stated. They said the car is under warranty for the next 5 years so I could have it serviced for the issue. Apparently the lemon law repurchase is only available for the original buyer and...
  7. H

Are 2018s and 2020s unaffected by this problem?
  8. H

MT engine stall issues

What would be a fair price for a 2019 SE with a defected title?
  9. H

MT engine stall issues

This car has about 2400 miles so apparently the original owner gave it some time and had enough and opted for the buyback. I imagine it was flashed when the original owner reported the problem and it he/she was not satisfied. What more could the dealer have done after the buyback to ensure the...
  10. H

MT engine stall issues

It's not a 0-60 race but a 100-yd gap in moving traffic at 40 mph comes pretty quickly if you stall entering a highway. Dealer said the title will note it is a manufacturer buyback, not that it would matter as long as the problem was fixed.
  11. H

MT engine stall issues

Looking at a 2019 manufacturer buyback where the original owner insisted the vehicle kept stalling. Dealer claims ECM update corrected the issue. Given this would be an out of state cross country purchase that I cannot test drive is that something I should be worried about? I do have to make...
  12. H

2021s on the lot

The MSRP on the GTI-S in only $40 more on the 21s. I'm sure they could call these 20s with no difference. There is probably just a manufacturing date cutoff and in name only are the GTIs moving up one model year.
  13. H

2021s on the lot

My dealer's website shows that 2021 GTIs are now on the lot.
  14. H

2021 GTI SE ordered!

Wondering the same thing. Hoping to get a crazy deal on an outgoing 2020.
  15. H

Would you buy this GTI?

I'm in my mid-50s so this GTI is my mid life crisis car. Done with minivans, kid old enough to sit in the front seat, this is my car...wife has a SUV. I drove MT just about all my life until I got married. It's been over 15 years since I've driven a MT but if I don't do it now I probably...
  16. H

Would you buy this GTI?

This particular GTI ended up at the Hyundai dealer because they purchased it at auction and not because someone traded it in there.
  17. H

Would you buy this GTI?

I totally agree on auction cars, there's a reason why they end up there and it's usually not a good one. But from another point of view if this was your personal vehicle that got into an accident and the insurance company refused to total it and cash you out, most of us would repair it and keep...
  18. H

Would you buy this GTI?

Good catch. They must have repaired or even replaced the front quarter panel on the repair. My biggest concern is still the auction by the original dealer after the leases. I'm sure they could have made a larger profit certifying the car and selling it rather than dumping it at auction. The...
  19. H

Would you buy this GTI?

The car is currently being sold by a Hyundai dealer that bought the car at auction...
  20. H

Would you buy this GTI?

We've got the worst freaking covid economy and the VW dealer tells me they are having their best year ever selling cars. I find that hard to believe and call BS on that one but they won't drop prices below the Costco partner price. I even considered buying the used SE and then buying a year of...