GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Oversteermybagel

Datalogging the VAQ differential for fun & science

I figured I would pull a datalog on the VAQ limited slip differential in an autocross situation. I haven't seen anyone do such a thing so I figured it might be interesting. The diff is running the 'increased traction' map with the in-car diff setting set to 'sport' and XDS set to off. At some...
  2. Oversteermybagel

FS: [SOLD] BNIB Eurosport camber pucks

Brand new in box eurosport camber puck inserts. These add a claimed 0.8 degrees of negative camber without an increase in NVH: see the following. These would not have worked with the spring diameter of my coilovers and I am outside of the return window so I need to sell. Looking for $140 inc...
  3. Oversteermybagel

Ohlins MT21 with Eurosport camber pucks

As I wait for Ohlins to show up in the mail (eventually it'll happen guys) I am trying to sort out if the Eurosport camber pucks that I bought are compatible with the Ohlins. I originally suspected it should be fine, as the strut uses the same top hat, but given NightBlueMK7.5GTI's post about...
  4. Oversteermybagel

I think I am doing autocross wrong

I just hate it when I completely blow up a slalom and accidently turn my car into a harmonic oscillator: it's the worst. Anyone else's non-rabbit edition turn into a real live rabbit from time to time? Or anyone have any good suggestions for dampers to handle that case for when you are deep into...
  5. Oversteermybagel

[How-To] Camera and lap timer setup for track use

Hey everyone, I wanted to share what I do for camera setup and lap-timer setup for track in case anyone else is trying to sort out what can work. I posted video in another thread a couple days ago so you can see what sort of video quality I am getting there. Mount For a mount I have a very...
  6. Oversteermybagel

245 Hankook RS4 on rse16. Fit?

I am thinking of running 245/40/r17 Hankook RS4 on rse16 17x8.5 et45 wheels on a mk7 gti at stock height for track duty. Will I have clearance issues in the rear to the fuel filler neck? Haven't found anyone specifically running this combo? Particularly concerned because RS4 are so much wider...