GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

Quietest tyres for a Golf GTi mk7.5

Hi, i'm useless at DIY so if i have to start taking off panels there will be rattling noises annoying me as well as noisy tyres - so would need to get it professionally done if i went further with soundproofing, which i imagine would be costly. In the Golf a lot of the noise was from the rear...
  2. N

Hi, thank you for your comments so far. I realise i wont be able to eliminate all road noise. TBH, i've never given tyres much attention with previous cars (VW Bora, Volvo S40, BMW 3 series) until i got the Golf last year. In the past i put on the most reasonable premium brand tyres when they...
  3. N

Hi, I have a Golf GTi mk7.5 and want to get the quietest tyres. I've tried to make the car quieter by fitting the harmonic damper, and soundproofing the boot and under back seat with dynamat and closed cell foam - this has helped reduce road noise. I'm on Michelin PS4 tyres (225/40/18) that...
  4. N

How to retro-fit the rear subframe harmonic damper from the Audi A3 Saloon (2013->)

Hi, thanks for your reply. I worked on the car between Christmas and New year whilst I was off. I fitted dynamat and dodo super liner under rear seat and in boot round spare wheel. I then added some spare super liner under moveable floor and under removable in rear seat footwells. And on the...
  5. N

How to retro-fit the rear subframe harmonic damper from the Audi A3 Saloon (2013->)

Dear Fuelboss, I have bought dynamat extreme, dodo super liner (6m), and have 1 dodo pro barrier mlv. I've fitted some 15mm foam insulation under parcel shelf last week. Next week, when it stops raining, I'm going to do under the back seat and in the boot. For under the back seat did you...
  6. N

Thank you Fuelboss for the video and links. Sorry for delay in replying, work hectic. I will look to buy some foam and dynamat (or equivalent). Surprising your experience with the A3, I assumed it would be quieter. I found the latest Focus quite noisy, and the Mini Countryman particularly bad...
  7. N

Thanks for all your replies. I bought the car just before lockdown and it has new Michelin PS4 tyres fitted. Do you have the brand of egg-box type foam sound insulation you purchased, Fuelboss? Are there guides for removing rear seats and carpeted floor area of the boot? Thanks again.
  8. N

I have now had the part fitted (correctly). Took it for a drive on country roads and motorways. It is a little better on some surfaces but still way too noisy on other surfaces, a booming resonance from the rear particularly 50-70mph. Thank you for the advice to get this fitted, better than not...
  9. N

Thank you for your replies. I'll contact them and ask them to fit it correctly. Annoying, I thought i'd get Audi to do it as they should know what they're doing! I'll update once I've got it corrected. Kind regards.
  10. N

Hi, pictures as suggested, Mulligan Thanks for your reply GolfDave. I take it from your reply that I should ask them to check the A3 fitment guide and then ask them to fit it correctly? Is it possible it won't work as effectively the way it's been fitted? Thank you for your help.
  11. N

Hi I got the part fitted by the Audi dealer on Saturday and it is slightly better in terms of less noise but was hoping it would be more noticeable ( I don't have any sound proofing). Hoping as a few others have noted, that as I drive more I'll notice the improvement. However, I've just been...