GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

MK7 Golf 1.8t Whistling/Hissing on Acceleration

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/time-for-another-round-of-what-is-that-sound.426812/ No solution, been looked at by a couple shops and myself over and over. Been like this for almost a year now. No problems with power or anything at all, but sound is still very apparent. Mine...
  2. D

Time for Another Round of... WHAT IS THAT SOUND!?

Misfiring was from a cracked spark plug. NGK race plug with only 8k mi or so on it. Replaced with the APR plugs and everything's been great since. Sound is still occurring to this day though.
  3. D

First shop didn't fix it but they did a boost leak test and it was okay. Still trying to figure this out :( A few days ago, the car started throwing codes for misfire on all cylinders (P0301-P0304), random/multiple misfire (P0300), and cylinder disabling (P130A), but that's it for engine codes...
  4. D

Golf (not SW or AT) 1.8, 09g auto. IS38 (PTP blanket) with APR 93 octane. Baun DP (WL coated)/MP. Full AFE Intake (gross, got it free from a friend), BFI mounts, 17x8 konig with 235/45 MPSAS4, NGK race plugs, APR coils. Everything else purely stock. Been happening for a few weeks now, car seems...
  5. D

False alarm on a Tire pressure

I've gotten a false alarm from hitting a very small bump on the expressway at high speed... If it goes off and you're not hearing the "thump, thump, thump" in the next few min, then you're fine. You can also reset it quickly once you've stopped at a light or something and then keep going to see...
  6. D

TIRE RECOMMENDATIONS

Just put a set of these on a stage 1 93 1.8. They are phenomenal for an "all season." Quiet, smooth, great traction dry and wet. Only 205 on the OEM 6.5" but I can floor it from a dig with esc off and it just goes without much fuss (I do also have mounts, no suspension though). Been saying how...
  7. D

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

Every time I feel so bored as to waste 10 minutes on this thread... A+ titles though sir.
  8. D

FS: Stock Down Pipe, Stock Catback, Stock Airbox/Snorkel (Upstate NY)

I'll take the catback in a month or two if no one wants it. Anyone know if the GTI 7.5 catback fits the Golf 7? They can't have updated THAT much.
  9. D

Rough shifts out of reverse - Golf TSI S (1.8T)

Mine acts up crazy but doesn't throw codes, so yours may not have any. Despite mine being a pile of junk, I have 0 issues with R->N. Definitely do a trans service (fluid, filter, pan gasket) if you care about keeping the car for a while longer. I had a shop do mine for $250 but its diy-able...
  10. D

8 Speed Auto rough downshift from 3 to 2

Almost no one here will have experience with this new trans I think. I have a friend with the 8spd in a 2019 and it feels perfectly fine, but I've only rode in it a couple times and it has like 5k mi. I have a 6spd 09g with the 1.8. It's a rough, shuddery, clunk monster. Also sometimes buttery...
  11. D

EPC Light and Harsh Vibrations after Hard Throttle with Low Traction

I should add that it was only the EPC light the first three times, the fourth and last time, both EPC and blinking CEL. Again, cleared immediately after a restart of the car. I don't think you can get codes from just the EPC light, right?
  12. D

Thanks for the replies everyone! It did it a few more times in the past month, but the only common denominator was high revving. Restarting the car cleared it all up every time. Still stock suspension and have very crappy snow tires on now (still way better in the snow than the all seasons...
  13. D

Long time lurker. So 2017 Golf AT with 40k with APR Stage 1 (only last 4-5k). Plugs replaced/gapped right before the tune, along with filters. Oil every 5k. Proper octane fuel, although it did get a good bit of injector cleaner on this tank, probably more than it called for but nothing crazy...