GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

How to retro-fit a bigger capacity battery to a Mk7 Golf

Don't worry about the lights unless they stay on after you have been out for a ride. You need to code the battery after a replacement, but it's something you can do yourself if you have a VCDS or similiar. Otherwise, if the battery isn't from VW with the BEM Code sticker on it, I guess VW...
  2. E

Well. Confirmed then. VW in Denmark lied. So I could buy a better and cheaper VARTA instead of their original. BTW. I had the same little battery in my old G7. Same specs as yours - almost.
  3. E

So the serial on BEM codes are actually useless and no harms to the car or battery by just changing a digit in the Serial? Because as I have been told, that if you don't use the proper BEM code details on the Gateway, the battery wont charge over 50% and that will kill the battery slowly. But...
  4. E

Discover Pro Euro Radio 8" - Retrofit into NA MK7 GTI

I have installed a Discover Pro 8" screen on my Discover Media unit - born with the 6,5" display. The bigger screen works perfectly. I was just not so happy with the resolution after I saw the Discover Pro resolution. After some searches and tests, in the Green Menu, I found out that you could...
  5. E

All of golfdave's "How to retro-fit" guides

I am not after performance with the rear brakes. As you say, the front counts. Bigger just looks better overall. With 312 front and maybe the 300 rear would look good :) I have the exact same car as you - even the color. Mine is just a hatchback. Plus i have a GTI Clubsport that only runs...
  6. E

All of golfdave's "How to retro-fit" guides

Fantastic work dave!! I've already done most of the mods. Super easy with your guides.. Just wondering if you are planning bigger rear brakes? :):)