GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Jay-Bee

TDI Blow-Off (?)

No, well you could but it would literaly do nothing, as stated there is no throttle plate snapping shut so no need to vent excess pressure. Straight pipe exhaust on a TDI will make all kiinds of turbo noises, my MK4 has a tune and straight pipe egr/cat/muffler delete sounds great.
  2. Jay-Bee

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

My little spot that I take care of my 3 car fleet in.
  3. Jay-Bee

Oil/Inspection light

VCDS has recoding options, i've set my oil service to 7500kms and my "major" service to 40k kms for DSG. You can clear the oil service reminder easily with the standard reset but the major service is done with scan tool or VCDS.
  4. Jay-Bee

Fuel Injector Cleaners

Looks like it, p/n works on amazon.ca and napacanada.com so migh just be a border crossing thing, some chems need different listings here.
  5. Jay-Bee

Fuel Injector Cleaners

Can get The Gumout Regane PEA @ NAPA or on Amazon P/N 800001742 I run it in both my 2.0Ts every couple tank, it's awesome stuff.
  6. Jay-Bee

Fuel Filter Replacement Interval

Filter screen is attached to the fuel pump, not really a servicable part. I guess VW has faith in our fuel stations being super clean.
  7. Jay-Bee

Oil Analysis

My suspisions of Leichtlauf sheering down have been confirmed from several UOAs on the forums, i ran it once in my GTI and went back to Castrol 0w40.
  8. Jay-Bee

Carbon Cleaning Interval

I've used the CRC intake cleaner in my MK7 and my B7, i plan to use a boroscope before next cleaning though. No verifieable results, but it seems to do it's job. Throw an old set of spark plugs in for the spray in process or change then a short while after, the stuff will likely foul them out...
  9. Jay-Bee

Alberta\Western Dubs

Calgary checking in as well. Picked up a 2015 GTI DSG w/PP in October.
  10. Jay-Bee

What oil do you run?

Castrol Edge 0w40 (Made in Belgium or Germany) High quality Group IV (PAO) oil, i run it in both my 2.0Ts year round, 7500km OCIs with Napa Gold/Wix/Mann filters. It went on clearance sale at Canadian tire, i bought 10x 5L jugs
  11. Jay-Bee

Golf R Cornering lights

The bi-xenon headlights in my 2015 GTI are amazing especially in full dynamic mode. Some types of paint protection film can really fudge the light output if you have that on there and it's aged badly over the years. I had to peel some off a 2005 Passat I had years ago, super messy but light was...
  12. Jay-Bee

Show us your MK7

My 2015 GTI DSG w/ PP Picked it up 2 months ago
  13. Jay-Bee

Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) - How good is it

I heard DCC was quite rare on 2015s so when i found mine i tested out a few to make sure i could tell the difference, super happy with how mine is riding even @ 125K kms