GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 0

Looking for a custom fit subwoofer - MK7 GTI

Bump because I want to know if there’s anything new for this market (preferably that lets you still get to the spare)
  2. 0

Made myself some speaker adapters/spacers

That's so weird ... What year is your vehicle, I'm 2019. I show some pics in post 19 and others here of what I installed and shaved down without success. I probably still didn't shave it down the items in the perimeter of the door card enough. .25" adapter ended up being just fine instead...
  3. 0

Made myself some speaker adapters/spacers

How are you guys using such thick speaker rings? I couldn't fit an adapter thicker than .25" without the door card not being able to re-attach. And that's after I shaved off everything I possible on the inside of the door card
  4. 0

3D Printed Parts - Fun & Functional

Thanks for making this really appreciate it. It's crazy how little there still is available to this platform in the audio space after all these years. I used cheap xscorpion adapters after a seperate printed one didn't work out and the CDT ring didn't allot the door card to click back into...
  5. 0

Request : Anyone Here Able To Make A Speaker Housing That Sits Inside The Door Pocket?

If you ever build one / any parts for this car - I’d pay you to make a second set if you’re up for it not sure about standard system but the fender speaker is dual voice coil. There’s 4 wires total that run from under the drivers seat through the drivers door to power the single speaker. you...
  6. 0

Request : Anyone Here Able To Make A Speaker Housing That Sits Inside The Door Pocket?

Hey all, Anyone here have the means to make some kind of sealed speaker housing / holder that can sit in the door pocket? There's an extra set of wires already integrated into the door so no additional cable run is needed. Something like this.
  7. 0

Chicagoland Chat Thread

anyone got a interior trunk floor lid (the thing over the tire) they wanna sell or donate if they're throwing it out?
  8. 0

Reoccurring problem with rear tail lights

This is actually the only post I could find on the subject on google. I’ll loop back here on what the dealership tells me :’( if it’s hatch / harness related that could make sense. My rear camera cuts in and out when reversing occasionally so maybe there’s a correlation there
  9. 0

Reoccurring problem with rear tail lights

Edit: Gah! Looks like you responded and I missed it. Thanks. Experiencing this now with the rear right OEM LED tail light …
  10. 0

Michelin PSAS 4

Guys I just got the Goodyear Eagles installed 2 days ago and already got to drive around in both dry and rain. Very happy not disappointed at all :) . I can't believe I'm saying this but more comfortable than the stock tires, like hitting bumps is better in sports mode, and just better...
  11. 0

Michelin PSAS 4

The AS3+ on the TLX was 245/40/19 98Y XL BSW are you suggesting to go choose V and higher or choose something lower than V? Would that only affect comfort since our speeds are limited anyway or would that affect actual seasonal performance as well? But ya for whatever reason I really wasn't...
  12. 0

Michelin PSAS 4

are the PSAS 4 noticeably better than the A/S 3+ ? I just put the eagle exhilirates on order, but open to these as a consideration... I had the A/S 3+ on a different car (TLX w/ 19" wheels) and was not impressed. for A/S 3+ I wasn't " wow'd " in dry, I was rather disappointed with rain...
  13. 0

Uber-Stealth Audio - Summer Sale? Boxes for MK7.5 now

Also in addition to my above question have you ever designed something like this? Just trying to rack my mind on options to keep the trunk as accessible / clear as possible...
  14. 0

Uber-Stealth Audio - Summer Sale? Boxes for MK7.5 now

The Focal 10wm says it’s mounting depth is 4.252 inches. Does this box have sufficient depth, the website does say 4.5 in max clearance. do we know how much clearance there is for the subs upward excursion before it hits the false floor above it when using this box? I have a 2019 GTI mk7.5 w/...
  15. 0

Found the cheapest Helix Subwoofer 000051419B currently

This was in the front door. With the Fender Package, the front door speaker has 4 wires (2 positive wires and 2 negative wires). That's because the OEM speaker is dual voice coil so it uses all 4 wires. If you replace the OEM speaker with an aftermarket one you only need to use 2 of the 4 wires...
  16. 0

Battery Draining? "12v Battery Almost Drained, Switching Infotainment System Off'

Lemme know what you hear / learn :) I know my case is a little different and we're just theorizing here but this is my thread on DIYMA which hit a wall for now but I'll update what I learn too.
  17. 0

Battery Draining? "12v Battery Almost Drained, Switching Infotainment System Off'

Well your post inspired me to get off my butt and finally run battery power and chassis ground to the Zen and I still had the error. You could technically unplug the fender amp just to see what happens. This is total conjecture on my part for you though at this point. I ran amp less for a while...
  18. 0

maybe your fender amp never turns off? I do see my navtv turn off after a minute, at least based on the LED indicator, but maybe that's not within the defined time window / parameters of the cars monitoring system so it cuts the circuit as a safety measure.
  19. 0

like ... if engine is off and >X amps are drawn from stereo circuit cut off the circuit or if engine is off and >X volts are drawn from stereo circuit cut off the circuit or if engine is off and >X volts are registered at the battery itself cut off the stereo circuit idk on if it monitors for...