GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

2021 G Street Tire Choices

Camber limited and nose heavy. That's both my car and me these days for that matter. My RE71s were bought on used wheels and are old/worn. What options are people turning to for SCCA street class this year? Both the RT660 and A052 appear to be amazing tires but possibly not happy being...
  2. A

Dumb Hub Centric Ring Question

I plan to swap wheels/tires for monthly events. Is it better to get aluminum hub centric rings rather than polycarbonate rings? Is there any difference between them for reuse when swapping between stock (Austins) and my RPF1s? My concern is having plastic ones melt or having aluminum ones...
  3. A

Prepping for 2020 AutoX: Endlinks, brake fluid, alignment, spacers

I'm finishing my 2020 G Street preparations and would welcome insights/thoughts. Stiffer rear endlinks. My local shop quoted me SuperPro but I can't see any obvious advantage over Moog. (I know Moogs need to be painted) Higher performance brake fluid replacement. It seems like a no brainer to...
  4. A

2019 G Street Nationals Dashboard

I manually extracted data from the 2019 Nationals results for G Street. My son is an analytics wizard and put some of it into a Tableau dashboard that you can see here...
  5. A

Portable tire inflators

This may be a dumb question (disclaimer) but I'm shopping portable tire inflators and wondered what other autocrossers have had success with. 90% of the use is at home, but I would like a unit that can be used at 6-10 autocross races also. I was using my old Craftsman electric drill with an add...
  6. A

Driving data: TrackAddict, OBDLink MX+ & QStarz Q818XT

In case it is of interest, helpful, or people have better ways to do it, I'm sharing my relatively short journey to logging my autocross events. My goal is to use data acquisition to improve my autocross driving. For my setup, I decided to use TrackAddict. I'm not competitive yet in my...
  7. A

GTI-S Autocross: 26mm H&R RSB

A while back I posted a Youtube of my first autocross in over 30 years. I had fun but wasn't remotely close to competitive. Many thanks for everyone for all the discussion and good advice. I couldn't take all of it (late in the season), but did upgrade to an H&R 26mm rear sway bar last week...
  8. A

Passat Chattanooga Wheels?

I tried site and Google searches, so apologies if I missed an obvious answer. I’m window shopping a second set of wheels/tires for my 2018 GTI-S, mainly to house summer tires. I say window shopping because though I’m serious, I’m not in a hurry. One option I’ve found is a set of Passat...
  9. A

First GTI Autocross - Fun But I'm Slow

I bought a 2018 GTI-S/DSG in May, did an informal test and tune in July (after hitting 1,500 miles for break-in). After a gap of 32 years, I went to an SCCA Solo II event this past weekend. Long story short? I was 78 out of 80 in ranked, raw times. https://youtu.be/AVwjev1WNfk Suffice it to...