GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

SneekyTuned waiting period?

@dannyboi88, what are those reasons?
  2. F

DSG jumping out of gear on take off

No I haven’t. I have turned off hydraulic brake assist because I run Macan calipers now, I’m interested in checking what my hill hold is though (haven’t touched it). I’m assuming it’s in the Brake Adaptation as well on VCDS/OBD11?
  3. F

DSG jumping out of gear on take off

this happens to mine as well (I have EQT's TCU tune), but only when cold, especially when on an incline. I've just learned to live and adapt by releasing the brake slowly on take off 🤷‍♂️
  4. F

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

@Will_ , thank you for your feedback. IIRC, you installed your Macan calipers as is, ie no RPV no RRG, yeah? if so, does your brake pedal have the initial dead travel too? and if it does, does/did it affect your tracking of the car?
  5. F

*SOLD* PP Calipers and lines $330 shipped

Price drop to $330 shipped CONUS
  6. F

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Big thanks to everyone in this thread for the wealth of info. I installed mine this past weekend with 345mm rotors, RBF600 fluid, and Powerstop Z23 for street pads. I must say these calipers bite hard when you really step on them. I think I still have a tiny bit of air in the lines, I will bleed...
  7. F

*SOLD* PP Calipers and lines $330 shipped

Hey guys, Upgraded my brakes so selling the PP calipers from my GTI with the stock brake lines. 45k miles on them, never tracked. $330 shipped anywhere in the CONUS. Paypal only.
  8. F

WTB Helix Subwoofer w/ harness

Like the title says, looking for the Helix sub w/ the harness. Asking here before I hit stealerships
  9. F

GLI 35th vs MK7.5 GTI

Is the GLI DSG as well? I wonder if it has different gearing
  10. F

EQT Tuned

The TCU tune for the DSG7 is already out if that's what you meant, released last week with the GTI e30 OTS tunes. Never mind, it was only for the R
  11. F

Upgrading PP Brakes for Track Use?

Chiming in on the FCP Euro topic, their warranty should apply to rotors too. Heck I buy engine oil from them and send the used oil back for a full refund. Now, shipping the rotors might be expensive, I don’t know if the would fit in a large flat rate USPS box, 70 lbs limit I think
  12. F

Talk me into (or out of) a DSG tune...

And to add on to this, yes it will cost you the $1075, but with the current EQT promotion that will include one EQT OTS tune of your choice and the EQT DSG tune. You're going to lose your warranty by marrying the AP to your car, might as well use the tunes that come with it if you're spending...
  13. F

Aftermarket Turbo Options

Jim, I know the numbers say 700 RPM later, but is there a big difference in drivability? Especially compared to the IS38 you had? I would think so but sometimes graphs don't reflect reality.
  14. F

APR vs EQT

And if you’re the original purchaser, it’s only $25 for map updates.
  15. F

WOT Flutter

All of the above. Too much boost at too low rpm in too high gear. Downshift! I usually try to wait until 3k before flooring it in gears 3 and higher.
  16. F

HPA OEM+ IS38

This is great, thanks for sharing :) Ooh boi, that torque spike must be slamming you in your seat, doesn’t it ? Almost diesel like but higher in the rev range.
  17. F

HPA OEM+ IS38

great numbers! Do you have the dyno sheet? I’m wondering about the torque curve if it matches the one on TPC’s website.