GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

FS: H & R Sport Springs for Mk 7 Golf R - $75

They were not on the car when I bought it, so I do not know. They were initially installed, driven about 900 miles and then removed when the car was traded off. For reference, the model number for the springs are 28816-1.
  2. C

OBDeleven NXT PRO

OBDeleven NXT PRO. New in box from DAP, no subscription. $40 shipped.
  3. C

FS: H & R Sport Springs for Mk 7 Golf R - $75

H & R Sport Spring (28816-1) for a Mk 7 Golf R. Less than 1,000 miles on them. $75 plus actual shipping.
  4. C

EuroSport Assembled Fixed Camber Strut Mounts

I installed these over the winter on my 2016 Golf R. They worked well, no noise and about another .8 degrees of negative camber. I wished they had designed them to be easier to torque while the strut is off the car. You use a 7/8" socket to tighten them and the large nut is relatively...
  5. C

Portland International Raceway - a tale of 2 HPDEs

That was 255F and it was only briefly in the last and hottest session.
  6. C

The highest oil temp that I saw was 155. although I limited my rev limit to 6,000 due to the heat. My best time before the Porsche and heat was a 1.27.1. There weren't a lot of laps without traffic of one sort or another. I'm still refining braking and turn into turn 4. I'm trying to...
  7. C

Last year, on relatively short notice, I decided to do a HPDE at Portland International Raceway (PIR). I did a few very minor modifications to my stock, 25,000 mile, 2016 Golf R manual. Flushed the brake fluid and installed Ferodo 2500 pads and, put a set of 235/45/17 Toyo Proxes Sport (240)...
  8. C

Belly pan for HDPE or autocross

For those that autocross or drive in HPDE do have an aftermarket belly pan on your car to protect the oil pan? If so, which one do you prefer? It would be installed on my 2016 Golf R, stock suspension and ride height. I probably actually need it more for the 13 mile twisty county road that...
  9. C

Performance impact of lighter wheels?

👌 It does give me hope. The Konigs are an honest 17.5 wheel, compared to 29 for the Audi wheels.
  10. C

Thanks for that link. While it was my first HPDE in this car, I have a lot of road racing experience on this track (15,000 plus miles), but very limited in a car with a windshield, awd ect..
  11. C

Last year I did a last minute HPDE at Portland International Raceway in my 2016 R manual. I had a set of use Audi 8 x 17 wheels and used those with a set of 240 tires. Had a lot of fun and decided I'd do it again this year. With more time to prepare I bought a set of Konig 8.5 x 17 wheels to...
  12. C

Euro Sport Street Camber Kit installation question

For those of you who have experience with the Euro Sport Street Camber kit, what did you use to tighten the large 7/8" nut on the strut shaft? That nut requires 44 ft/lb of torque. The instructions say that if the strut shaft turns have someone hold it by hand or "as a last resort using a...
  13. C

Correct front upper strut bearing?

I am replacing the Front Upper Strut Bearings on my 2016 VW Golf R. There are two listings for that part on the DAP website – both made by VW. 5QM-412-249 and the 5QM-412-249F. The first is about half the price of the latter. I contacted DAP and they didn't know the difference and recommended...
  14. C

17 x 8.5 Konig Heliogram on Golf R

I'm looking for a fairly lightweight 17 x 8.5 wheel for my 2016 Golf R for limited HPDE use. I looked at the Apex SM 10s and then saw the Konig Heliograms were about 2 lbs lighter per wheel and were about the same price. I was curious whether any Golf R owners had tried this size Heliogram...
  15. C

H&R Sport Springs for 2015-2020 Golf R Mk 7 - $135 shipped

I have no actual knowledge as the springs came with my car. What I was told was the original buyer had them installed and a short 920 miles later traded the R for an Audi S3. The dealership removed the H & R springs and put the OEM's back on. The second owner got the springs when he purchased...
  16. C

H&R Sport Springs for 2015-2020 Golf R Mk 7 - $135 shipped

H&R Sport Springs 28816-1 for the 2015-2020 Golf R Mk 7. These have only 920 miles on them. $135 shipped to continental 48.
  17. C

Rear sway bar for 2016 Golf R

I did a HPDE and found more understeer than I prefer. I want to keep my car basically stock, but want to experiment with changes to front camber, front and rear toe and a rear bar to reduce some of the understeer.