GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Recommended 'SMART' repair for GTI in U.K.?

I stupidly didn't take out the smart repair cover when I purchased the car 2 months ago from VW and I already have a couple of lovely dings thanks to some wonderful folk in car parks. I have tried searching (probably using the wrong key words!) and nothing handy has come up and (obviously) VW...
  2. D

Recent software update: ACC now cancels below 10mph?

Hi all Sorry if this is common knowledge now but I recently had a software update (specifically for my head unit) and now my adaptive cruise control turns off when the car falls below 10mph. This is in a 16 GTI PP. Now, surely updating the mib can't affect this (so it might just be a...
  3. D

Painting my rusty hubs... any high heat paint recommendations?

Recently bought a '16 GTI PP. All great apart from the wheel hubs (not sure if that's the right name!). The steel plates where the alloys bolt in. The amount of rust is crazy. I have read up on it and it looks completely normal (and safe!). I am just eager to freshen the look up. People have...
  4. D

Touch screen detecting touch by itself

Hey I've just bought a 16' plate GTI sport. Love it! However from today, the touch screen keeps detecting touch by itself. It goes a bit mental a points, and I had to turn the beep off. Now I've had to turn the screen off completely. It doesn't necessarily 'do' anything, but just activates...
  5. D

£330+VAT for MIB1 software update

Hey all As per the subject title, is this right? I had older software on a '13 Golf, which didn't display things like MPG etc. Of course I'm not suggesting VW would unnecessarily charge for this service but I was shocked to hear these figures for a software update... Any comments? Is this one...
  6. D

Distortion popping and clipping when on a Bluetooth call, MUSIC FINE

Hey all New here! I've just bought a 16' golf gti (performance pack) and I'm loving it! Everything is perfect apart from Bluetooth calling. Streaming music over Bluetooth is fine however when I am on a call, the audio distorts and pops horribly (as if a speaker is broken) and I can't have it...