GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

Rear brake caliper sticking.

Hi. I have a 2014 GTD and one of my rear calipers is sticking. I don't normally work on my own car nowadays but because the garage is shut due to the coronavirus situation I had a look at it. I removed the slide pins cleaned them and greased them using brake silicone grease. I also took the pads...
  2. K

Does rear brake carrier need to be removed to change disc?

Hi. Does the rear caliper carrier need to be removed to replace the disc on a GTD. The disc size is 272mm so should be the same as a non pp GTi. Also I don't have a diagnostics to retract the ebrake. Has anyone had a problem if removing the motor and backing off using a torx bit?
  3. K

Ac condenser knackered

Hi people. 2 years ago within warranty period my ac on my mk7 gtd failed and the compressor was replaced by vw. Now 2 years on after visiting my local well established non vw garage for a ac service/recharge because I had no cold air coming through the vents they tell me there's a leak in my...
  4. K

Storing wheels with tyres fitted.

How do you guys store your wheels with tyres fitted. I have winter and summer tyres/wheels. My winter tyres are dunlop sp winter sport 4d. I have covered 30k miles on them in 6 years and they are fit for the bin as they are peeling along the ziggy bits on the tread (can't remember the name for...
  5. K

Vw replica alloys

Im thinking about buying a set of black 18" Pretoria replica alloys from ebay. I used to have a set of audi replicas a few years ago and they were good quality. Does anyone have experience with replicas and have there been any problems?
  6. K

Gtd dtuk installation

Has anyone had problems disconnecting the rail pressure sensor to install a dtuk box? The release clip on mine is on the bottom so I can't see what I am doing and don't want to break it.
  7. K

Gtd mpgs

What mpgs are people getting now most engines are broken in? I have a 2014 with 30k miles on it. My daily 27 mile a day commuting consists of mainly 50s and 60s limits with 2 miles of 30 limits. I always do brim to brim calculations. Last time I filled up the car read 61.3 mpg. My calculation...
  8. K

Timing belt gtd

Hi. Next July my 2014 gtd will be due a timing belt as the car will be 5 years old. The car should have no more than 37k miles on it by then so would it really need done? What are you guys thoughts on this? I plan on keeping the car for another 7 years so if I changed the belt at 6 years and 45k...
  9. K

Standard gti or gti pack?

Hi guys. I am new on here and currently own a mk7 gtd. I love the car but not liking the power. I know in a normal gti it should give me 30-35 mpgs but my question please is what mpgs will the performance pack give me? Any thing less anything more let me know please. I don't drive crazy but like...
  10. K

sell gtd for a r?

Hi guys I am new on here and need to ask a massive question! I bought a gtd 4 months ago but only doing 170 miles a week so costing pretty much £17 a week so far with my driving style 50mpg. I need more power! ?. Thinking about an r. No point in a gti as not enough umph to change it. My question...
  11. K

Fuel and air filter change intervals

At what miles do the fuel and air filters need changed on the gtd? Also does the car tell you when they need changed? I still have 3 months vw warranty left. I currently have 19700 miles on the car and wasn't sure if these filters need changed around the 20k mark.
  12. K

mk7 gtd foglight problem

Hi. My passenger side fog light is not working (no fault light on the dash). Could it just be a bulb? Are they normal bulbs or led ones? I still have warranty on the car but to save hassle of taking it to vw I thought I would ask here for some advice. Thanks.