GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. slow12s

Parts needed for new brakes

Thanks for the heads up! I will definitely do that since I won't be doing brakes too often. I'm going to watch some more youtube brake change videos and get the parts ordered. Thanks everyone!
  2. slow12s

Just to make sure - would you replace both front and rear guide pin bolts and front and rear set screws? And is there a specific tool to use for the rear or just any piston spreading tool? Thank you!
  3. slow12s

how can you tell that the fluid needs to be changed? My car is a 2017 with ~40k miles and I've never changed it, just having some brake noise recently. Based on what you're saying I'll add fluid to the list, just wondering how you can tell. Thanks!
  4. slow12s

Hi everyone, I'm going to be ordering some new brakes for my car in the next couple days and have read some differing things on which bolts need to be replaced. I'm trying not to spend a crazy amount so I'm going with the OEM (or possibly zimmermann) rotors and EBC red pads. I've never done...
  5. slow12s

Brake noise - do I need new brakes?

Hi everyone, I am having an issue with my brakes - I am getting a very annoying squeal type sound when braking at low speeds. It sounds like it's coming from the passenger front wheel. It isn't noticeable at all if I'm braking from a normal drive (i.e. going 30+ mph and then braking), but I do...
  6. slow12s

Help: Car smelling like maple syrup/butterscotch and smoke coming out of vents

Well I don't want to jinx anything, but that was literally the easiest install I've done on this car, didn't even take off the coil pack harnesses. Car definitely lost a good bit of coolant right when you pull the old coolant adapter out, but so far everything seems good (of course, I have since...
  7. slow12s

Good call on cleaning that gunk up, will definitely do that! Unfortunately, I didn't see an oil cap on the emd site, I did go looking through all their MK7 stuff for some cheap fillers, just must have missed that.
  8. slow12s

Thanks, ordered that one last night and already shipped out this morning. Hoping it'll get here this weekend so the car isn't down too long. I take my daughter to school in the mornings and had to take her today, had the air totally off, but once the car warmed up, anytime I'd have to stop I...
  9. slow12s

You guys rock, hopefully that is what it is...here's the best pic I could get of that area, definitely some kind of leak on that piping. I'll try a new coolant adapter and go from there. Thank you!
  10. slow12s

Hi everyone. I am having some car issues and just wanted to get some feedback/help diagnosing before I bring it into a local shop. I've been noticing a maple syrup/butterscotch type smell in my car the last week or so, but I figured my daughter had dropped a piece of a sucker or something...
  11. slow12s

Southbend clutch install

I'm getting my clutch, motor mounts and rear main seal all done at the same time in the next couple weeks. I have a southbend stage 3 daily along with BFI motor and trans mounts and an iabed rear main seal going in...I also purchased some motul gear fluid. I've read some stories on the DKM where...
  12. slow12s

Can we talk logistics of FCPEuro's "Lifetime Replacement"?

I just checked my past fcp purchases and they have always shipped oil through FedEx...they shipped spark plugs and other items through USPS I haven't taken advantage of their lifetime guarantee, but am planning on ordering my clutch through them in the next few days for the guarantee, not sure...
  13. slow12s

Engine Mount -- Is It Done?

I'd be in for a group buy as well, going to be replacing my clutch in the near future so looking at mount options right now
  14. slow12s

Flat Rate Secret Santa 2019

whoever got me KILLED the secret santa game...I am very happy...CTS turbo inlet pipe, nice air freshener and a few Hawaii local treats...I wish I knew who to thank, but there was no name on the package...whoever it was, thank you so much, I can't wait to put the inlet pipe on my car and between...
  15. slow12s

Flat Rate Secret Santa 2019

I'm in Dutch, almost missed it because of the forum though, just randomly happened to remember this morning and searched for it...I moved since last year though so I PM'd the new address
  16. slow12s

First EPC/CEL on a road trip

I'll try to keep this somewhat brief since I've read some novel's on this site. I threw my first EPC/CEL on Saturday night. I live in Phoenix so it's 100+ degrees every day and I take it pretty easy on the car in this weather, haven't gotten on it since last winter/the last time it was in the...
  17. slow12s

What did you do to your mk7 today?

killer price, I'll have to check them out
  18. slow12s

so far I have done everything myself, but the intercooler and springs I'd consider paying for if I were to do it again, they were both a huge pain in the ass...not anything difficult, just extremely time consuming (and way more of a pain than the Honda's I used to work on lol)...I just installed...
  19. slow12s

I've heard good things about tuning gruppe, that's likely where i'll go when I upgrade my clutch...I think london auto is more of the budget option (and they're pretty far out in the west valley) and lusso is the more expensive option (they work on lots of supercars and are in scottsdale so...