GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

19 Englishtowns, Possible Split

Gauging interest for my set of Englishtowns, ordered a set of 18s arriving next Wednesday and would like to get rid of these. Two are pretty much brand new, and the other two have no damage aside from little nicks here and there from daily driving, all have stock contis (5P). As of writing...
  2. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Uni Carbon Fiber Intake 24 Months In

I know some people have concerns with the longevity of the current crop of CF intakes. I've read people concerned with yellowing and deterioration. After 2 years with zero cleaning I pulled it out to clean the air filter. I wiped 2 years of New England grime a off with just a little water and...
  3. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Stage 2/Downpipe Inspection in CARB State?

Has anyone had trouble passing inspection with a downpipe in a CARB compliant state? I'm looking to avoid using excessive O2 spacers in order to pass, I know someone who has been hassled on the visual inspection nearby me. Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
  4. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Passenger wheel area rattle? Solved.

If you have an annoying rattle when going over small bumps and uneven surfaces, I've got a good candidate for you. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/59874ab56d03d/download_20170806_125447.mp4 http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/59874afd4f288/download_20170806_125440.mp4 Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using...
  5. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Chirping/squealing when turning left.

I have a very slight noise occurring when turning left. I've been through three belts, two OEM and one Gates, but it didn't change. It sounded like the accessory tensioner pulley, so I replaced it, no change, maybe a little fainter. I have a Fluidampr dampener, for about 10,000 miles, but...
  6. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Koni FSD + Eibach Pro Kit + 034 Strut Mounts Review

I was going for a comfortable sport suspension with a mild drop. I read the FSDs could reduce squat and dive and keep the car flat on corners in leui of a stiffer rear sway. The Eibach Pro Kit paired well with FSDs on the mk6 platform according to reviews so I decided to pull the trigger. I...
  7. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ken's Non-PP Daily/Sleeper Build Log and Impressions

This is mostly for my own record and notes, and so that other's can find it via Google if they consider the parts I have chosen to use. I'm going to keep things pretty shorthand, so if anything isn't clear I'm more than open to criticism. This car is primarily a daily driver that I am going to...
  8. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Non-PP Limited Slip Differential

Has anyone without the VAQ installed a mechanical LSD? I'm curious how this might transform the performance and handling of the MK7. I know the Wavetrac was popular amongst the MK6 folks. My next three mods are going to be coilovers, brakes, and limited slip, not necessarily in that order...
  9. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Unitronic Stage 1+ ECU & TCU Mini Review

Hello! I've been reading these forums since I picked up my MK7 exactly a year ago, but refrained from posting since I clearly had a lot to learn. And big thanks to all the knowledgeable people here who have contributed to my education. My last performance car was an E30 BMW, which I wrenched on...