GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

Talk me out of selling my GTI

So I had a close call on the highway (again) where traffic was stopped, I had already come to a complete stop and traffic behind me didn't realize that traffic was stopped. They fortunately had the shoulder to stop in, and ended up next to me. I've been rear ended twice in 2 different cars in...
  2. W

Latest VW Beetle compared to Mk7 GTI - questions

I'm glad 65 is middle aged, I'm almost 40 and still feel and act like a kid :-p Really my only concern was how far removed from the mk7 GTI we were talking so I had at least some way to frame the conversation with my MIL who does not speak car.
  3. W

Same here. I agree with everything above. She doesn't like the way the Golf looks. I also think the Golf is superior is every way. But she's looking for a "cute" car and the Beetle is what she wants. Driving dynamics mean nothing to her. Gas pedal right, brake pedal left, steering wheel...
  4. W

Those are all great points, and reasons why the Beetle was never on my radar. She likes the look of the Beetle, which is the primary reason she would like one. No one would ride in the back of that car ever, their other vehicle is a 2011 Impala so larger groups would go in that car (or more...
  5. W

Took her for a ride, she liked the car. Went sport mode at first since the car was nice and warmed up, and then a sedate ride back in comfort mode. She really liked the overall quality, fit and finish.
  6. W

Correct, performance isn't a big deal to her. She's 63 and drives an 8 year old Dodge Caravan so anything is going to be an upgrade, and she really would like to have a car that she's excited about everyday. I think she'd be fine even with a used 2.5L, it will still feel like a sports car...
  7. W

My mother-in-law is looking at getting a Beetle, she wants something "cute" and the Golf TSi probably isn't going to cut it. I'm going to give her a ride in my GTI so she can see the general level of fit/finish/quality that VW offers. Not sure if y'all know the answer or not, but how much...
  8. W

US Quetsion: VW Care Plus

I'm FINALLY going to go test drive a GTI tomorrow. Does the VW Care Plus (the pre-paid maintenance plan that goes to 50k miles) cover the DSG fluid and filter at 40k?
  9. W

Looking at GTI - couple questions

I'm in the market for a new car. Well...in the research stages. I am currently driving a 2012 Mazda 6 base model. I bought it because my POS 2005 Legacy GT was driving me insane with all of the little problems, the ticking time bomb of a turbo on that model, and the fact that my...