GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. OceanLad

Aggresively Fast EQT 2016 R Manual for sale in Oryx White: $31.2K

If you are looking for a white hot, juuuust under the radar super-cruising, razor sharp commuter with enough power to scare Vettes and 9-11s, room for the family, thrifty MPG that makes a perfect, aggressive commuter or a track-day weapon, this is it. This is about as fast a manual Golf R that...
  2. OceanLad

7.5 Rear Splitter on a MK7? Other Splitter Suggestions?

Hey all, I'm about to do the ISweep body kit on my MK7 R, but I am not a fan of the rear splitter. I do love their splitter for the 7.5, will it fit the MK7? If not, any other rear splitters that would compliment the rest of the ISweep kit?
  3. OceanLad

EQT Turbo/UM Tuning

Hey all, Not sure if this deserves its own thread. If not, I apologize. So I just got my car back with the EQT turbo and Precision Raecworks multi-port kit with 925CC injectors and their Stage 3.5 fuel pump upgrade kit with UM software. I got the work done by Country Dubs here in...
  4. OceanLad

Sound Deadening Idea--Is it bonkers?

So, I'm looking to combat a bit of drone from my exhaust. I was thinking of adding dynamat, but then I had the possibly bright idea to make installation a lot easier. Thinking of applying either dynamat or hushmat directly to the underside of my weathertech hatch mat. Anyone see any problems...
  5. OceanLad

Analog Boost Gauge Options for R

Hey all, I'm looking for a 52mm boost gauge that matches the MK7 R's gauge cluster. So white, with a blue needle. The APR gauge would be perfect, except it says "APR" in huge letters and I have (almost) no other APR parts on my car. Does anyone know of another white faced, blue needled...
  6. OceanLad

Rear View Camera Not Retracting

So about 60 percent of the time, my rear view camera doesn't retract, which of course means I can't open the hatch. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was it? HELP!
  7. OceanLad

Port Injection Fueling Options

Hey folks, looking to pull the trigger on a port injection fueling setup, and I'm wondering if there are major differences between the available systems. As far as I've seen, there's the CTS system, which is currently on sale for $722, comes with 980cc injectors, and requires a fuel pump kit/...
  8. OceanLad

EQT vs LITTCO

Hey all, So I've been wading through the EQT and LITTCO threads, and I'm ready to pull the trigger on one of these two units. Sadly, I am half a moron (on my mother's side," and the other half is an idiot (Dear old Dad.) That's why I am asking y'all. What are your thoughts on the two turbos...
  9. OceanLad

Front Splitter/Towing Quick Release Options?

I'm thinking of adding a front splitter to my R, but I'm worried if it ever needs to be towed. How do folks with a front splitter deal with that? Is there a quick release bracket option for our cars?
  10. OceanLad

VW Urban Loader Top Box

Anyone have any experience with the VW Urban Loader top box? VW and Volvo both sell it, and in Europe you can get it straight from Calix, the manufacturer. It looks like a great, good looking solution to getting my golf to match my wife's Forester for family road trip versatility. Thoughts...
  11. OceanLad

Thoughts on motor/transmission mounts?

Hey all, do any of you have experience with aftermarket motor and transmission mounts for our cars? Mounts will be my next mod, but I'm not sure which way to go. I have tended to go VWR with just about everything on my car, but there mounts are VERY expensive, and all metal. I am concerned...
  12. OceanLad

2016 Golf R, Manual DCC/Nav "Stage 2+"

Pictures to come, but here are the deets. My 2016, Oryx White, golf r manual, DCC/Nav 15,xxx miles. Engine Mods: UM Red Tune BCS Powervalve turbo back exhaust AWE Tuning Carbon Fiber Intake APR Carbon Fiber Turbo Inlet Pipe VWR Turbo Muffler delete VWR 6 piston big break kit VWR stainless...
  13. OceanLad

Carbon Fiber Skinning?

Does anyone know of a good spot to get trim pieces skinned in CF? Bonus points if they are in/near Maryland.
  14. OceanLad

Help me Wrap my R!

And I don't mean like literally, fly to Baltimore with a roll of vinyl in your carry on, I mean help me with the concept. Now, I know a lot of you won't like my ideas. (And, for once I am not talking about my flat Earth theory or my firm belief that there is a chupakabra unloading packages at...
  15. OceanLad

Oettinger Body Kit

SO where do you get them now? VW is the official distributor, right? But I've called 3 local dealerships and their parts departments had no idea what I was talking about. Any tips?
  16. OceanLad

Vag-Com Programmer Recommendations

Anyone know of a person and/or shop that is good with Vag-Com? While trying to get Euro spec adaptive headlights to work on my R, I disabled the left and right road tracking feature of my headlights. Would be nice to get it back, and trying to figure out if anyone knows of a shop/person in the...
  17. OceanLad

What Next?

So I love my Golf R, it is as fine a car as I've ever owned. Not as sexy as my old XJ-R or as tough as my old Bronco, but way less likely to get pulled over than my Supra, way harder to break into than my Jeep, roomier than my CTS Wagon (how did that happen?) and far, far faster than any of...
  18. OceanLad

VCDS Help

Long story short, I was trying to get European DLA headlights to work on my American Golf R, failed utterly, and just bought the right headlights. Unfortunately, allowing me to attempt coding is kinda like giving a lowland gorilla a basin wrench and asking him to perform dental surgery. So...
  19. OceanLad

FS: 42DD Stainless Downpipe with Cat in Baltimore

Hey all, I've got the full stainless Golf R catted street downpipe for sale. It was on my car for about 2500 miles, in excellent shape, but went to a full system from BCS. My shop (Country Dubs) did cut the flange to make it worth with a cat back system, but I have the piece and it is...
  20. OceanLad

42DD Stainless Golf R Down Pipe for Sale

Hey all, I've got the full stainless Golf R catted street downpipe for sale. It was on my car for about 2500 miles, in excellent shape, but went to a full system from BCS. My shop (Country Dubs) did cut the flange to make it worth with a cat back system, but I have the piece and it is easily...