GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. enrique71

Tutorial: How-To Fit Helix Soundbox + Spare in GTI

Does any one know if you change out the front speakers, will you need or should you reprogram the Helix dongle to the same or another setting ?
  2. enrique71

Helix Soundbox Upgrade Information Post!

Thanks, I've played with that pot and I have it at around 50%. I noticed distortion all around if I raise it higher and up bass levels at the head unit. I'm looking for a solution that will allow good bass from the drivers and deep bass from the sub .. I can't seem to get this with the existing...
  3. enrique71

Helix Soundbox Upgrade Information Post!

Does anyone know of a replacement plug-in-play amp to the Helix that provides subwoofer output level controls ? On the Helix base is controlled by the head unit to all 9 speakers, including the sub.
  4. enrique71

Any know what the correct or original position of the Helix amp potentiometer should be? Approximate..?
  5. enrique71

Polk Audio DB6502 Component Install with Crossover - Front Door and Tweeter

Does anyone have a link to a video for removing the rear door panels and replacing the factory rear speakers? I have a 2018 GTI. Thanks.
  6. enrique71

Polk Audio DB6502 Component Install with Crossover - Front Door and Tweeter

Hi, I may do the same. Did you follow an online video to do the rear doors? If so, could you please share how you replaced the speakers w/ Polk Audio DB6502 ? Regarding the front, you may want to check out the following video(s), this details all the work step by step for the front doors and A...
  7. enrique71

OEM fender audio retrofitted to Base system?

I'm planning on keeping the Helix amp /sub and replacing only the speakers (front). What do you think in terms of improvement?
  8. enrique71

Hi Chuck. I have the same problem. A quick fix is to buy the Helix sub /amp from VW or other, it's a supported addon so your car stays stock (no modification) in case you want to keep it that way. My issue is that even after adding the Helix, the existing speakers are trash so I'm shopping...
  9. enrique71

Thanks, another shop wants $1800 to replace the front speakers (a piller + doors) with Focals, that's it .. 4 speakers for $1800 bucks.
  10. enrique71

What's better - Fender system (stock) or Helix sub w/DSP amp and new Alpine (med-high end) speakers all around ?
  11. enrique71

Has anyone managed to do this? I'm in the same boat, put the Helix on my '18 SE and while the sound is better it's still not where I'd like it to be. A stereo shop wants to charge me $2,100 just to replace the front and passenger speakers, that's insane.
  12. enrique71

I didn't run the harness through the tire hole, reason being what if I need to use the spare? unplugging the harness from the amp isn't quick and there's always a chance you break the connector. I put some felt near the amp to let the harness wire sit ontop of the spare, thus far no issues and...
  13. enrique71

2016 VW GTI SE *MINT* BLUE - DFW

Selling my brand new 2016 DSG transmission Golf GTI SE in Metallic Blue exterior, black leather interior and Fendor premium stereo. Also comes with the MIB II infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple Car Play. If you are reading this you know the 2016 GTI SE specs. The car only has 1500...
  14. enrique71

SE - Upgrade to NAV

Hello. Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade to the unit with NAV from the stock SE unit? Also, does anyone know the approximate cost - parts and labor? thanks!