GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ColinStone

Defeated by Rear Caliper Brackets

Well, this is the first time in 50+ years that I have been unable to do something pretty simple mechanically. I am trying to change the rear discs and pads. Got as far as the caliper brackets which require a 14mm spline - my set finished at 12mm. None in nearby Halfords but local garage 50m...
  2. ColinStone

Fault: Vehicle Lighting and Electric Parking Brake Plus Low Voltage on OBD Pin 16

I've just done an oil change, removed undertray, drained oil and changed filter. Replaced tray. Exactly as I've done in the past. Did touch anything else except a few leaves that got in by driver side fog light wiring plus had to slightly re align wheel arch felt trim at passenger rear side...
  3. ColinStone

1.0 TSI Throttle Body 04C133062C - Broken Spring

The spring in the throttle body has just failed abroad, so needed a VW dealer repair. I found a supply source in Poland who can supply springs for €25 instead of a few £00 for the complete body. So I can get a couple sent to a French address. It seems quite a common failure across a number of...
  4. ColinStone

EuroCarParts - Rear Brake Discs and Pads

Car goes in for MOT shortly, and it might fail on rear brake disc retardation. They are getting rather corroded. ECP has a few choices - Eicher at £31 to ATE at £50, including Pagid and Brembo at approx £41. I've certainly heard of Pagid and Brembo and wondered if there was any recommendations...
  5. ColinStone

OEM Xenon D3S LED swap

Searched forum to see if there was anything about a LED swap using these: https://www.hids-direct.co.uk/d3s-led-35w-4200lm-6000k-headlight-bulbs-twin-pack/ Anyone done a swap??
  6. ColinStone

Oct 2015 Golf 1.0 TSI 115pk Cambelt Change??

Just taken my car in for major service at 5 years old plus aircon and brake fluid. Told me cambelt didn't need changing after all and is fitted for life?? Thought all that had been done away with and it was now a 5 year change interval. Brake discs, particularly rear, are corroded with an...
  7. ColinStone

1.0 TSI Engine Power Outputs

Just a query about power outputs of the 1.0 TSI engine. My 2015/2016MY Golf has a 85kw 1.0TSI variant. Now the output of that engine has been dropped to 81kw. I wonder why? Has the engine changed from the Otto cycle to Miller cycle?? Or something else?? Anyone know??
  8. ColinStone

UK 1.0 TSI CHZD Engine - Spark Plug Change

Many years since I have done this and top of petrol engines have changed out of all recognition since my Mk 2 petrol Golf and Lupo. The NGK website doesn't list plugs for the CHZD 85kw engine. Only PKER7A8EGS for the CHZC 81kw engine. I think that the same plugs are used for both engines, but...
  9. ColinStone

Rear Interior Lights

Mine are staying on whilst driving. They do go out when vehicle is locked etc. Pushed all the buttons and read manual. Wondered if anyone else had experienced this?? Otherwise, looks like a look with VCDS.
  10. ColinStone

MIB2 Defaults to SD Card on Power Up

Wretched MIB2 is defaulting on switch on to playing the SD Card content. And then when switching to radio, goes to AM 643khz. Even when I switch off with a DAB station playing. Done a long power button hold to reset system, but still persists. Any thoughts??
  11. ColinStone

MIB2 Keeps Defaulting to SD Card Content

Wretched MIB2 is defaulting on switch on to playing the SD Card content. And then when switching to radio, goes to AM 643khz. Even when I switch off with a DAB station playing. Done a long power button hold to reset system, but still persists. Any thoughts??
  12. ColinStone

Dying battery 3.5 years old??

Yesterday I got the low 12v battery warning and drive the car to charge. Checked battery and was 12.4v. Started and alternator output at 14.8v. Battery now 3.5 years old. Car doesn't get used every day. During winter a solar panel attempts to keep battery topped up but car only used weekly...
  13. ColinStone

3 Years Old - Warranty Over

My car is now 3 years old and out of warranty. Nothing done during the warranty period except routine services. All other VWs I've serviced myself once out of warranty without any issues. Have VAG COM. Wonder if I should do any different with this Golf Going to keep it for a good few years...
  14. ColinStone

UK Petrol Maintenance Intervals Schedule

Just trying to find the details of servicing - what and when. Service booklet has lists of what work to do but not necessarily when. Eg pollen filter every 2 years and brake fluid initial 3 years, then every 2. Wondered if anyone has managed to find one other than from USA cars? Thanks.
  15. ColinStone

Car Cover

I leave my car outside during the summer for 1 - 5 months. I used a Sakura cover, which did well in a Autoexpress test a few years ago, and was only £26 from Argos. It had a soft flock lining to protect the paintwork. Lasted 21/2 summers before the strong sun and UV rotted the fabric. No issues...
  16. ColinStone

Interesting Independent Emissions Testing

A good article here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/how_toxic_is_your_car_exhaust Of note the real world driving NOX emissions from a 2009 diesel is less than those from quite a few Euro 6 diesels!
  17. ColinStone

UK RHD - Ground Point Vicinity of Glove Box Fuse Panel

Been looking for a proper ground point in the vicinity of the fuse panel behind the glove box to take the neg wire of a piggy back fuse installation. Haven't spotted anything and wondered if I had missed something???
  18. ColinStone

UK FS: 5 door Match Shetland Grey Seat Covers

Complete set of Shetland Grey fabric seat, armrest and headrest covers out of 2016 Match Bluemotion 1.0 TSI. Used 2 Days and 200 miles.
  19. ColinStone

Electronic Parking Brake - Leaving Off

I know how to leave the EPB off. Anyone know what happens if the battery is disconnected when the EPB is off? Does the EPB get reapplied when the battery is disconnected - perhaps as a safety measure? I want to be able to leave car with EPB off, to stop pads getting stuck to the discs, and...
  20. ColinStone

UK - Simple Android Nav

I'm using a Tesco Hudl for car nav running Sygic GPS Navigation. Also has a dash cam filming road ahead. Real plus is to be able to take out from car and route plan. Might try and tidy up electrics with a lead from the windscreen, probably supplied by an ignition on live supply via a small...