GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. southwales1977

12v Socket in Boot/Boot Trim Removal

Evening all. I must've felt things were going too well as I've managed to create a problem for myself, again! I was trying to use the 12v socket in the boot for the first time. I plugged in a cable I knew worked and nothing happened. I tested the cable in the front 12v socket and the adaptor...
  2. southwales1977

Any gardeners on here?

Hello. I've been in my house for about a year and think it's time to do something with the garden. There are some shady and damp areas which are also an awkward size or shape and I'm looking for ideas. I've done a really bad mock up of the area so feel free to indulge in your own...
  3. southwales1977

Nice little mod to the engine covers

Very happy with this... [/URL][/IMG]
  4. southwales1977

New Cat-Back Exhaust

Hello peeps. I'm looking into changing the stock exhaust on the GTI as it doens't have enough presence (noise) for my tastes. I'm not after something to annoy the neighbours or something that will drone like crazy on the motorway, just something to allow me to enhance the enjoyment of the car...
  5. southwales1977

Anyone got a spare air box cover in South Wales?

Hello. I'm looking at blinging up my engine bay with some water transfer dipping. There's a turnaround time of at least a few days, but usually longer which is a hurdle as I use my car every day. Obviously I can survive without the main engine cover but with the number of sensors and whatnot...
  6. southwales1977

South Wales Mod-Friendly Dealer

Hey. Wondering if anyone has any experience of the dealers in South Wales having a negative attitude to lower scale mods? Not tunes but things like wheels, exhaust and subtle bodywork mods. I'd rather know if any are very anti-mod in case they turn down warranty work from potentially...
  7. southwales1977

Interior Dome Lights

Evening. I'm in the process of changing the interior bulb colours and am having difficulty accessing the interior rear dome lights. I've successfully changed the fronts but the rear is putting up quite a fight. The tinted plastic piece came straight out but the larger fitting to access the...
  8. southwales1977

Golf GTI - First Ever Detail

So, thought I'd post this as over the weekend I undertook for the first time what may be classed as detailing, or at least a really good clean using quality products that took a really long time. In other words I was learning and improvising as I went, learning from mistakes and finding out what...
  9. southwales1977

Dash Cam Fuses

Hey guys. I've bought a dash cam and hardwire kit and have a small question about installation. The hardwire kit has a piggyback adapter to connect to the fuse box. As I'll be plugging it in to a currently empty switched fuse slot do I need to plug a fuse into it? I've looked around and...
  10. southwales1977

GTI Winter Wheels

I'm dabbling with the notion of getting some winter wheels for the GTI. Am I right in thinking 16's would fit over the standard non-PP callipers? What would be the best tyre size?
  11. southwales1977

Kerbed an alloy!

Well, after four months of owning the GTI I've finally managed to kerb an alloy and take a chunk out of the tyre for good measure! Any thoughts or advice on my next move?
  12. southwales1977

Crossfade audio tracks

Sorry guys but I'm being a bit daft. I previously found a setting in the menu that allowed you to alter the amount of time the crossfade between media tracks lasted. For the life of me I can't find it again. Could someone who's having a better day than me point me in the right direction? Cheers.
  13. southwales1977

Blind spot

Anyone else noticed the restricted over the shoulder blind spot? Between the head rest and the B and C pillars it's difficult to get a proper look without bobbing your head around!
  14. southwales1977

Dent!

Well, it's happened! After twelve days of ownership some kind soul where I work saw fit to open their door into my wing. It's taken off a very small amount of paint and made a dent about thumb size. I'll be stripping the wheel arch liner back tonight to see if I can push it back out. Happy days!
  15. southwales1977

GTI Owners South Wales?

Alright? My DSG GTI has been on order for just over a month and is expected in February or March. Just wondering if there were any current Mk7 GTI owners near the Pontypridd area?
  16. southwales1977

Ordered GTI

I ordered my 3 door DSG GTI on 12th October. Carbon Grey Heated leather seats. Park assist (cheap option) Dynaudio Been told probably January or February delivery so I'm waiting for the new reg in March. Still at Step 1 - Processing, really wish it would change!
  17. southwales1977

New member awaiting car

Hello all. Just wanted to quickly introduce myself, been reading the forum for a while and I ordered my GTI a couple of weeks ago. I was told it should be ready either January or February but after reading some threads it may well be longer. I understand the VW tracking system isn't fully...