GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Key Fob Query

So, not Golf-related but likely relevant anyway. My uncle has a 2021 VW T-Cross 110HP 1.0 litre auto, and keeps mislaying one of his keyfobs in his house not on the street, and he's done so again. My query is: he doesn't want to buy another, 3rd keyfob, so he wondered if he had a copy of the...
  2. G

Gone Over To The Dark (Blue) Side

So my Mk7 on PCP ended and I moved on to the Mk8. Wasn’t a done deal though, I looked at other brands & options, there was very little in it money-wise, with Golfs arguably better cars than, say, a Ford Focus, Seat Leon, Vauxhall Astra, even the Polo etc. The Audi A3 is very good but isn’t worth...
  3. G

Possible Free 12 Month Warranty

Local radio broadcasting ads (words to the effect) : "have your less than 10 yrs old and less than 100,000 miles out of full manufacturer's warranty car seviced at any Lexus dealer to receive a free 1 year 'manufacturers warranty' t&c apply, etc". Likely to be a catch but gotta be worth...
  4. G

Dashboard Rattle

Sorry for new thread, there is an existing thread but can't re-find it. My car has a slight rattle in the centre of the dashboard behind the infotainment, centre screen, sounds like a loose wiring only slight, but sufficient to drive one mad if not sorted. I read (in the thread I can't re-find)...
  5. G

Component Protection Mode

So, was out and about getting stuff done, after re-starting car radio not working and 'Component Protection Mode' is displayed. Oh dear. Too much to do to worry about such things but turned igntion off then back on again, still no radio so carried on getting stuff done. On re-inserting key...
  6. G

So July Then

Contacted (reasonably) local (often ) friendly (usually) helpfull VW dealer and was informed "run out Mk7.5 factory-built Golfs will be available from mid-July onwards in limited numbers, once they are gone, they are gone" and presumably will be no more. I'm not in any rush as apart from still...
  7. G

Tinted Windows & Rear View Mirror

So a friend is considering a 'run out' Mk7.5 Golf (my PCP lease expires in April 2020 so I'll have to take pot luck with whatever is available else just order the so-far-not-over-than-keen-on-it Mk8) and came up with a possible issue I'd never before considered. As the Match Edition, GTi, R...
  8. G

Underseat Box / Drawer

Something like a small nut or screw is rattling & bouncing around in the passenger side, left underseat in the actual box / container, behind the openable drawer and is driving me around the bend as you can imagine. I've read GolfDave's excellent guide on removing the box / container / drawer as...
  9. G

Mk8 Golf - HERE It Is, If Links Work

Behold (hopefully): https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2020-volkswagen-golf-8-official-photos-leaked-138493.html?utm_source=ae_self&utm_medium=ae_gallery&utm_campaign=ae_gallery_moreon#agal_0...
  10. G

Flat battery (A Tale Of Idiocy)

This actually happened few weeks ago, but I 100% totally flattened the battery literally flat as a pancake, not easy with auto lights. What likely happened is I probably left the side lights on, switch set to >0<, bit of doubt as I think would have noticed the lights shining inside the garage...
  11. G

Air Con Service

So booked the car in for 2 yearly service + MOT, 3 yrs in on 4yrs PCP so don't cost me zip, asked the dealer what they actually do to the car and was told "change oil & oil filter + pollen filter, change brake fluid, general visual check". After insisting they do not wash the car, I asked...
  12. G

VW & Brexit

The forum is pretty much mercifully free from politics, but an article in the local rag (newspaper) got me thinking about Brexit, that is when the UK eventually leaves the European Union. The piece is about the local Ssang Yong dealer: "Brexit won't really affect us, unlike our European...
  13. G

Car Left Running, Keyless

So I'm getting stuff out of my own car when I notice a neighbour's car, Renault Kadjur (SUV type vehicle), sat running outside his house, DRLs lit. Looked inside no-one in the car, thought little of it, maybe they quickly popped inside the house for some reason, left it running ? After maybe...
  14. G

Model Golfs

As the Chrimbo Holidays are upon us and we buys toys for everyone (including ourselves) I wondered if other posters collected model Golfs. I don't as such but when I happen to check out toys, strictly on behalf of my nephew & niece you understand (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)...
  15. G

Mk8 Golf - Here It Is. Kinda, Maybe.

Was looking on Youtube for something completely different and found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-cZbMBRtsA Or type: vw golf review 2019 ....
  16. G

Scuffed Steering Wheel

Posters asked and replied regarding scuff marks on the leather steering wheel surround. I've searched the forum for tips on which products to use but cant find the info, though I know I've read it. Was about to get me some AutoGlym products but just read it can actually make any marks worse...
  17. G

Battery On Tickover

Potential 'Well Duh' bits coming up but: when starting the car after it's scandalously been left a few days, A) is it reckoned better to disable Strat / Stop and let it tickover a few mins to save battery charge from the starter drawing current from starting again? B) does the Start / Stop...
  18. G

Park Assist Issue

Was putting car to bed for the night when a warning came up "Park Pilot Issue", or some such. Wiped what little snow off the sensors, and there really wasn't much at a all, but the message plus yellow warning light still lit, PP button in gearlever console flashing, no parking sensors. Car...
  19. G

Headlamp Washers

Had to drive the car in the chill air tonite, a less than temperate -2 degrees C, washed crud off windscreen, headlamp washers kicked in and afterwards notice one washer jet had not fully retracted. It easily pushed back in but I just wondered is there anything I could squirt into the reccess...
  20. G

Hatch / Tailgate Inner Panel Removal

Anyonw know how to remove the inner panel from the hatch / tailagte, including the smaller panels either side ? Looked loads on 'net only found stuff on door panels. Despite parking sensors I reversed very slowly into a metal bar and gave it a bit of a biff, took some doing but 'I managed it'...