GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

15 vs 16/17 vs 19/20 Golf Hatch

Yes, but ‘05 Scion vs Mk7 GTI without CarPlay? Priorities....
  2. K

Bumper holes, what options do I have?

I’ve had bumper plugs on two GTIs now, better than paying a fortune to a body shop. ?‍♂️ Had to drill out the holes a bit bigger to make them fit. That was fun...
  3. K

Discuss: 7-speed DSG in 2019-2020 MK7.5 GTI

Yeah, learned my lesson on the DSG service. May have been closer to $400 thinking about it more. Either way, too expensive.
  4. K

Doubling the service interval to 80k is a nice bonus as well. On my MK6 6-speed, I decided to do my own DGS service at 80k, but paid $600+ to have the dealership do the 40k service.
  5. K

2019 GTI Maintenance Supplement

I just started a thread about the 7-speed and how different it is compared to the 6-speed. Here's another item to add to the list.
  6. K

Yes, this is very logical, and I have considered this as well. I just scanned the Cobb DSG tune website, and see no mention of support for the 7 vs 6-speed. How did you find out that it was safe to tune the 7-speed? And did it bring back the DSG farts? (I forgot to mention that as a con for...
  7. K

Coming from a 2011 MK6 with a 6-speed DSG, it has been surprising how different the new DSG is. Since many more of the 7-speed GTIs are in the wild at this point, how does everyone feel about its programming? I've done some searching on this topic, but most of the discussions are a year old or...
  8. K

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Hey everyone! I've been lurking since I picked up my 2011 DSG 4-door about a month ago. I just turned 32, and traded in a 2009 Acura TSX that was my first new car. I did like the car alot, especially as a novice car-detailer, but I always felt unsatisfied by the driving experience. Before...