GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

I Cheated on the GTI... Shhh (Abarth Content)

Sunday, was brunching with GF outside, and a superb chick parked right in front of us. First the sound...then the look of the car, and finally, the chick coming out of there. "What was I just saying ?" Me : "Uhhh...." Could be a good second car for us, living in an metropolitan area.
  2. C

Tuned on Drive : APR Stage 3 TTRS

Hey guys, Check this out : This week, Matt Farah is at APR's headquarters looking at the Stage 3 kit for TT-RS. Part about APR is quite cool to look at (HQ and history) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNklpt8CVW4&feature=g-all-u BTW I love this youtube channel. You get shows on Tuned cars...
  3. C

Relax....:w00t: DSG Driver here : GF tried manual but doesn't want to drive it into traffic each day. I can understand that. Live & let live. Let's stop polluting this thread and start talking about Abarth !!! The venom is quite cool....maybe a little too much for me. Looks like this car...
  4. C

:wub: I prefer that one :drool:
  5. C

When I sat in one at the Montreal auto show than January, I felt like the interior is cheap... The interior of the GTI is pretty comparable all around the world (minus the equipment differences), +1 to VW :thumbsup:
  6. C

:laugh: I agree I would feel tiny on the freeway ! But hey we don't plan crashing. True stories : - A friend died this winter in his SUV. The incoming vehicule was an 18 wheelers... He was the brother of a physician where my GF works. - This winter again, a physician colleague of my GF died...
  7. C

And please do not compare crash test of a Smart with a Fiat 500. It is small car yes, but not a featherweight like the Smart. 2300lbs vs 1600lbs
  8. C

I'd like to test drive one. Could use an Abarth as a second car ;-) I do live in urban area, tiny car is quite important. But the soundddd, I was sure it was a aftermarket exhaust.
  9. C

Who gets the FT-86, FRS and BRZ?

Doesn't seem as the same deal. GM just asked FHI to build imprezas for them with a new front end... It's like they bought imprezas and changed some things...rebadge and go. Toyobaru partnership is much deeper. Ownership is involved. As for 2008 Impreza, yes it is the same car as the previous...
  10. C

I think the design has been influenced by Toyota since 2006 model planification (initial investment in FHI). The 2008 Impreza is quite different from previous Impreza models right !?! But it seems to have served them well for sale numbers !
  11. C

Please open source when you read a quote. This is a review of the BRZ... Exactly what I'm telling you. Toyota needed a sporty car, let's make Subaru create one. It's not a question of being right or wrong, the point is that the car is made by Subaru engineers (fact). If I come back to my...
  12. C

Yeah right ! Toyota increased its stake in Fuji Heavy Industries at 16.7% in 2008...purely random investment strategy I guess :laugh: Toyota $$$ ------> Subaru development dep. We are on 21st century, why create something new while you can deal with partners that has already something ;)...
  13. C

Lol the Terraza ! Father of a friend had one...I was wondering who'd buy one. A leather, fully equipped Montana.
  14. C

The BRZ is quite small and light... I would not compare it to a Mustang of Genesis. It's closer to a Miata, but more powerful...
  15. C

I agree they have the technology, but it seems currently that Toyota is not investing in gaz technology but rather in hybrid only. From a sale volume perspective, gas engine cars are still the vast majority of the sales. But yet, the new Corolla has nothing new, the new Camry is the same as...
  16. C

Laser Seam Welding Commercial (VW.ca)

Saw a couple in French but this one is new to me! Funny
  17. C

I'd get the Subaru. It was engineered by Subaru, with some technologies from Toyota. Subaru is not a direct injection leader....Toyota helped with the DI tech into the Subaru boxer engine. In fact, I don't think Toyota is a big developer in the DI. They invest in hybrid technologies but forget...
  18. C

DIESEL Craziness !

Bad news today in Montréal...gas price is 6$ per gallon....1.60 per liter. Damn. Yes we can afford it but it makes us think about the next car. This is a criteria that will be added (fuel consumption).
  19. C

DIESEL Craziness !

Official, my next one will be diesel, and surprise, probably German :laugh:
  20. C

DIESEL Craziness !

Yeah, you confirm my understandings about UK fuel consumption methodology. Here too (in Canada) numbers are too optimistic. Gov of Canada will change things soon using a method closer to what you americans get.