GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RMS leak. OEM or try iAbed again.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
Looking for opinions from those of you have swapped the RMS.

Not many in the Mk8 world to get feedback from, so figured I would ask here since the sample size will be much larger.

I had a reputable shop install the iAbed when I did a clutch upgrade. It has a small leak after 3000 miles. Should I just go back to a revised OEM RMS or take the chance that the iAbed might have just been bad luck?
IMG_3044.jpeg

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
It's small, leave it be. It will cost a lot to change back to OEM. My IaBED is the same, and I went to a shop that was approved to install it. Thing is a piece of shit.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
It's small, leave it be. It will cost a lot to change back to OEM. My IaBED is the same, and I went to a shop that was approved to install it. Thing is a piece of shit.
I won’t be paying for this repair since it was only installed two months ago. The shop even offered to give me a courtesy car for the day or two that they have it back in the shop.

If you were going to replace your leaking RMS, would you go with OEM or try something different like the 034?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
My trusted shop refused to install anything but OEM. had to sell my IABED at a loss

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
OEM only. Lots of things on these cars marketed as “upgrades” are not.
OEM should have been left in there…..but that ship sailed.

I am now one of those old men that will tell the youngsters to keep the “while you’re in there” stuff to only what’s absolutely necessary.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I won’t be paying for this repair since it was only installed two months ago. The shop even offered to give me a courtesy car for the day or two that they have it back in the shop.

If you were going to replace your leaking RMS, would you go with OEM or try something different like the 034?
OEM. Never actually heard of one fail on a MK7.