GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
So stupid question time.

Was cruising down the road the other day and reached down to press the mode button next to the shifter. Accidentally pressed the start/stop button instead. Luckily there was quick warning on the cluster letting me know I pressed the wrong button.

So how bad would shit have been if I accidentally pressed it a second time and turned off the car?

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Very stupid question as I joined vw world a month ago.

How do tunes relate to drive modes?
I’m new as well but as far as I can tell once tuned it’ll replace all the drive modes outside of steering feel and DCC if you have it. EQT also offers burbles only in sport mode but I don’t think it changes the tune besides the overrun required to get burbles.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I’m new as well but as far as I can tell once tuned it’ll replace all the drive modes outside of steering feel and DCC if you have it. EQT also offers burbles only in sport mode but I don’t think it changes the tune besides the overrun required to get burbles.
This and most tuners allow for the burbles in sport

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Very stupid question as I joined vw world a month ago.

How do tunes relate to drive modes?
I've noticed that if I have it in 'Eco' boost is limited, even though I'm tuned. Still faster than normal 'Eco', but boost limited to like 10psi.

May or may not have been used to sandbag a little so I could convince a friend to line up 🤙 ;)

Black&WhiteGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 GTI '92 Miata
This might just have to do with misalignment/bad calibration of the front radar, but I have been noticing my Adaptive Cruise Control distance growing over time. I always keep it on the closest setting. Back when I got the car it would keep 2-3 car lengths at ~75mph. Nowadays it keeps a full semi truck distance which is quite annoying.
It seems like it forgot where the front of the car is. It also tells me that I am tailgating when I have a couple car lengths between the car in front of me. (Refer to the pictures below)
I am assuming this is a calibration issue and couldn’t have any relation with me switching ACC into Sport mode (originally in normal mode)?

Also, unrelated, I am curious if anyone with the factory mudflaps installed has to deal with always scraping the rear ones on parking stones or parking curbs in parking lots when reversing into spots. I accidentally reversed into a spot too far a couple days ago and ripped one of the screws out of the bumper. Not to mention chewing up the bottom of the mudflaps. I’m on stock suspension.

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0127.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 11

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I've never used adaptive cruise but my car used to tell me I was tailgating almost any time it could detect a car in front of me, seemingly regardless of distance or speed. I figured out how to turn off the warning and haven't looked back.

The adaptive cruise may need to be re-calibrated. If you've ever unplugged it (say, to remove your bumper or anything like that) it's probably messed up now.

Black&WhiteGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 GTI '92 Miata
I never took the front bumper off the car, but my radar is located in the lower grill, so who knows what might've happened to it.
I ended up looking at the Live Data to see if the radar was misaligned.
Horizontal Angle Deviation @ -0.282 degrees & Vertical Angle Deviation @ 0.468 degrees.
The car is supposed to throw a fault when it gets to +/- 0.8 degrees. I don't know if the misalignment that I have would cause my issues though.
These systems have an active calibration feature, which mine could have learned something wrong. I guess there might be an issue with the current active calibration if the misalignment is not bad enough to cause these issues.

I really don't know. smh

Samb

Car(s)
Golf MK7
Can someone tell me the function for the following three things that are highlighted please:

Attachments

• IMG_9196.jpeg
    IMG_9196.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9197.jpeg
    IMG_9197.jpeg
    19.9 KB · Views: 28

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD