GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fat Shawn’s 2019 GTI Build

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Hey everyone!

Long time lurker and finally figured out how to verify my email so I can post here and start my build thread!

Some background on me:
Been working in parts departments since I was 18. Currently working at a Dodge dealer. My dad and girlfriend are both service advisors at BMW dealers in town. I have almost zero DIY knowledge but want to learn anything I can and mod this car for awhile.

I bought a used 2019 DSG Autobahn in October 2023 and have done a few small mods since then (with some decently big ones going on soon)

I’ll be adding to this thread to catch up to present whenever I have time this week.

Thanks for reading :)

MOD LIST as of 2/29/24:

Exterior:
Badgeskins on all emblems
NOYFB custom banner and back glass (pictured)
NOYFB Morse Code sticker
Front Euro Plate
AeroFabb Delta window covers

Interior:
Ejecto Seato 12v plug
Wireless Carplay Dongle
Badgeskins power button cover
British Racing Green Steering Wheel Emblem Cover

Engine:
AWE Exhaust (came with car)

Wjheels/Suspension:
Rotiform LAS-R’s wrapped in Michelin Primacy Sport A/S 225/55/18 98V 225/40R18 DSW06+
H&R Sport Springs

Going on Soon:
Nothing... for now

Last edited:

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
IMG_7470.jpeg

Traded in my 2013 BMW 135i because I needed something more practical and that I wasn’t afraid of blowing up all the time. Had it for about a year and if I didn’t have extended warranty thru Carvana it would’ve been almost 12k in repairs through the dealer. I have zero DIY knowledge so I wanted to get something a bit easier/less expensive to learn on. I’d been eyeing a GTI for awhile and mine popped up at the dealer my dad works at and he set me up with a salesperson and that was that :)

Last edited:

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Matching front plate also got transferred from the 1 series to cover up the predrilled holes in my bumper.

Fatshawnsmom has been my name online since I was 12 if anyone was wondering. I’ve always thought it was funny and it matches the custom legal plate “FTSHWN”

Attachments

• IMG_7719.jpeg
    IMG_7719.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
IMG_8004.jpeg

Drew up and had had a banner + back glass sticker made for me and my friends “car club” since his old one disbanded. Officially called NOYFB. Designs and symbols are based on old Area 51 patches. Always loved the mystery of Area 51 and since we’re in Vegas thought it would be cool to have a little theme to the club.

Translation from Latin:
Top - The Secret Squad
Sides - I could tell you but then I would have to destroy you

Attachments

• My_NOYFB.jpeg
    My_NOYFB.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
Welcome to the group! Love that 135i, the first BMW I drove was a '12 135i DCT shortly after I got my license. I was driving a 115hp MK4 Golf at the time so as you can imagine the 300hp blew my mind haha, will always have a soft spot for them.

Looks like you found a nice GTI, can't wait to see what else you do with it!

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Welcome to the group! Love that 135i, the first BMW I drove was a '12 135i DCT shortly after I got my license. I was driving a 115hp MK4 Golf at the time so as you can imagine the 300hp blew my mind haha, will always have a soft spot for them.

Looks like you found a nice GTI, can't wait to see what else you do with it!
Thank you!

I LOVED the 135i especially coming from a 2-door Mini. 300hp was way more than I needed and dailying just wasn't what that car deserved. With the GTI I have a fun daily that I can learn on. Hope to eventually pick up another 135i down the road as a weekend/fun car.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Wrapped my reflectors with Avery Reflective Caliper Wrap. Looks really good without flash and still works as a reflector. Was messing with one of the extra sheets to do an amber delete and didn’t like it. Also gave me some good learning experience with knifeless tape. Might but up 3M white and try again but the reflective was a little extra lol

Attachments

• IMG_8361.jpeg
    IMG_8361.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8362.jpeg
    IMG_8362.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8363.jpeg
    IMG_8363.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
IMG_8006.jpeg

Installing these Rotiform LAS-R’s wrapped in Michelin Primacy Sport A/S 225/55/18 98V soon along with H&R Sport Springs. Just waiting for my technician friend to have some free time on a Saturday.

Got 3 of these tires for free when my girlfriends dealer was cleaning out inventory so only had to pay for one of these.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Welcome!

Is that a typo for your tire size? 225/55R18 is way too tall for these cars.
Not a typo. I know this is gonna be tall just hoping it doesn’t rub since I got 3 of these for free. If they rub I’ll probably have to get a new set. My dealer just started the buy 3 get one for $1 deal so I have a few weeks to test them out. IF they rub I’ll probably go for DSW06’s in a 225/40R18. Think I have 45 on the car right now.