GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vents blowing air when off

thegrandbull

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 MK7 Golf R 6 mt
Hello, my Mk7R continues to blow hot or cold air (whichever was last used or just hot air when the engine is hot) even though the climate control is turned off.
Is this a mechanical flap issue or is it somewhere in the settings?
I recently changed the recirculation setting to prevent mold buildup or something along those lines.. maybe this has something to do with it?

- thanks

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
idk if you already know but you can turn on recirculate with the climate controls off and it should stop that slight breeze. though if you’re trying to keep the inside of the climate system clean and not moldy it’s probably good to keep some air flowing in there as much as you can I would think (?)

thegrandbull

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 MK7 Golf R 6 mt
idk if you already know but you can turn on recirculate with the climate controls off and it should stop that slight breeze. though if you’re trying to keep the inside of the climate system clean and not moldy it’s probably good to keep some air flowing in there as much as you can I would think (?)
so I do have recirc on.. I thought maybe this was what was causing it. makes sense because its "circulating" air when the vents are turned off.. i dont know .. what do you mean by, "with the climate controls off"? I have it set to auto usually. thanks

Last edited:

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
so I do have recirc on.. I thought maybe this was what was causing it. makes sense because its "circulating" air when the vents are turned off.. i dont know .. what do you mean by, "with the climate controls off"? I have it set to auto usually. thanks
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you but what I mean is, you can press the recirculate button even when the climate is off (OFF button lit up) and it'll shut the flap to the outside so no air will come in at all. but you mentioned you changed some setting, was that something in long coding?