GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Wireless charger

misor1994

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GTD Variant
Well, I was researching the web for 2 days to get some more information, but even at the Russian drive.ru is not any single mention of this version of the charger...
So far, I have been struggling with getting the fuse box out of the holder to get the wire to the right position. German engineers invented it very well...

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
this is one of those mods that would make me want to sell my car when something goes wrong with the installation

misor1994

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GTD Variant
That is the way I will go, too in case everything else fails :D I just found a bunch of fuse taps and managed to slightly adjust one so that the original pin will fit into it, so no cutting will be necessary...
I am planning to use the empty slot in a fuse box. So far, I have not had any experience with tapping accessory into the empty slot with just one connection. Still used the fuse tap to use both slots. I hope it will work.

@Reaper1 , what is your coding of byte 15 in 5F unit, please? The seller sent me a message below which says the byte should be changed from 00 to 20. I assume this is the result of coding bit 0 in byte 15 and changing the respective adaptations to get the popup messages about charging, so maybe nothing new, but just to check...

1704587142199.png

Last edited:

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
That is the way I will go, too in case everything else fails :D I just found a bunch of fuse taps and managed to slightly adjust one so that the original pin will fit into it, so no cutting will be necessary...
I am planning to use the empty slot in a fuse box. So far, I have not had any experience with tapping accessory into the empty slot with just one connection. Still used the fuse tap to use both slots. I hope it will work.

@Reaper1 , what is your coding of byte 15 in 5F unit, please? The seller sent me a message below which says the byte should be changed from 00 to 20. I assume this is the result of coding bit 0 in byte 15 and changing the respective adaptations to get the popup messages about charging, so maybe nothing new, but just to check...

View attachment 297544
Mine is 31, which means bits 0,4 and 5 are ticked, two of them are related to the wireless charger, maybe one is unnecessary?

misor1994

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GTD Variant
Mine is 31 as well. I reached one seller or retrofit garage I found on Instagram and they could not confirm the compatibility with Golf MK7. However, I was informed that they are just selling the parts...

For those who are interested, the upgraded version of charger with fan is available for around 30 euros till Friday, 12 January.

denyxp31

Car(s)
19' MK7.5 1.5TSI DSG
Hello, I’ve been following this thread for a while, a couple of months ago I retrofitted the china wireless charger (5CG - it worked okay, besides it being a bit picky with positioning of the phone) in my 7.5, then found out about the fan version. After a couple chats with some ali sellers, today I received the new version and changed to the new one, and I can say, at least on my car, it is working!! Not sure about charging speeds yet, I am happy to share coding details if anybody is interested.
IMG_4117.jpeg

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Hello, I’ve been following this thread for a while, a couple of months ago I retrofitted the china wireless charger (5CG - it worked okay, besides it being a bit picky with positioning of the phone) in my 7.5, then found out about the fan version. After a couple chats with some ali sellers, today I received the new version and changed to the new one, and I can say, at least on my car, it is working!! Not sure about charging speeds yet, I am happy to share coding details if anybody is interested.
Yes, please share any coding details and the seller you got it from. Any impressions on fan noise and/or cooling capability? I know a lot of people were trying the one without a fan with wireless Android Auto/CarPlay and had heat issues.

denyxp31

Car(s)
19' MK7.5 1.5TSI DSG
Yes, please share any coding details and the seller you got it from. Any impressions on fan noise and/or cooling capability? I know a lot of people were trying the one without a fan with wireless Android Auto/CarPlay and had heat issues.
I attached the coding from the 5F module, coding stayed the same between the old and the new unit.
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 16.33.58.png

Haven't had the chance to drive the car since installing the new version, but will report back. But, I can say that on the old version, my phone would frequently heat up, and also Waze/YouTube Music would slow down a lot in wireless CarPlay while charging. Hopefully this version fixes that to some degree
I got it from here, and just now noticed that I am the only buyer :D It may be worthwhile messaging them and making sure this is the version they will ship to you.

IMG_4123.PNG

Last edited:

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Hello, I’ve been following this thread for a while, a couple of months ago I retrofitted the china wireless charger (5CG - it worked okay, besides it being a bit picky with positioning of the phone) in my 7.5, then found out about the fan version. After a couple chats with some ali sellers, today I received the new version and changed to the new one, and I can say, at least on my car, it is working!! Not sure about charging speeds yet, I am happy to share coding details if anybody is interested. View attachment 298524
Does it charge your phone?
I have tried 10 different phones and not even a single one charged, only other devices charge like earbuds etc..

denyxp31

Car(s)
19' MK7.5 1.5TSI DSG
Does it charge your phone?
I have tried 10 different phones and not even a single one charged, only other devices charge like earbuds etc..
it does, yes, with the mention that, like the old one, my phone (iphone 13 pro), needs to be positioned in the middle of the pad, or else after a few minutes I get the remove other items from the tray error.. haven’t tried other phones