GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Undeclared

IMG_20220108_120607.jpg

Got my new wheels mounted and balanced and an alignment done. Did lowering springs last weekend. Pretty happy with the result.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
View attachment 235038

GODDAMN CAR, YOU'RE NOT MAKING IT EASY WHEN I'M ALREADY HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS!!!

Technically not the car's fault though. Absolutely smashed a pothole going down the Mass Pike. Good news is, I was just on my way back from buying a set of Austin's for a friend. Can peep that on the rear. Had to move the rear one up front, since the Austin's won't clear my brakes. All in the freezing cold, on the side of the highway with a service jack

Any damage to the wheel?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Did the CRC intake valve cleaner today. Without a borescope, it’s impossible to know if it did anything. But at 58k miles and $10 for the can, it can’t hurt 🤷‍♂️

(Actually I just remembered it was free with my Autozone points)

Where did you spray it into thir intake. I have a couple cans of this stuff, but keep procrastinating.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Rear main, clutch, transmission installed, and subframe bolted back up.

I did have to get a little redneck creative to lift the trans up. Really didn’t feel like muscling it in, or balancing on the jack. It actually worked remarkably well. Just ratcheted the straps up, once it was level I just did the whole wobble, and it slid right on. Then bolting it in place was super simple.

E9BFDEA2-7388-40AA-A735-66A68EF9D6A2.jpeg

Right up there with the 2x4 method.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Rear main, clutch, transmission installed, and subframe bolted back up.

I did have to get a little redneck creative to lift the trans up. Really didn’t feel like muscling it in, or balancing on the It actually worked remarkable well. Just ratcheted the straps up, once it was level I just did the whole wobble, and it slid right on. Then bolting it in place was super simple.

View attachment 235092

Right up there with the 2x4 method.

Did someone mention 2 x 4's.

Adding ratchet straps to my clutch tools list.

Reactions: krs

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yup! Makes it way better! The first time I dropped the trans I just muscled it up
While doing the annoying 12 to 3 turn of it. (Subframe stayed it place)

The second time was post gym Closures and such and that trans sure felt much heavier this time 😂 so I rigged up some hoists and pulleys from a gambrel and took all the lifting out of it.

Reactions: krs

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Where did you spray it into thir intake. I have a couple cans of this stuff, but keep procrastinating.
I took the map sensor off and sprayed in that hole. I’m not convinced it got distributed to all of the valves. But tried spraying at different angles to hopefully spread the love. Seems the alternative is to spray it into the throttle body, which seems like most of the cleaner wouldn’t even make it to the valves after going through the turbo, pipes, intercooler…

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Any damage to the wheel?

I didn't see any. No cracks or obvious bends, and still looked round to me. I dropped it off at the tire place yesterday, they ordered a new DWS06 that will be in tomorrow and throw it on, so I'll know then if it's out of round.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Single bucket wash and Turtle Wax. Let the detailing nerds cry. It looks amazing with my Walmart-level detailing job.
20220109_093550.jpg