GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That's hot......doesn't AC only lower inside temps by 20 degrees???

barely topped that during OIF in Kuwait. Ukraine soldiers cooked an egg on the hood of their Pajero. Weeks later we were wearing JLIST suits in that heat.....you want to talk about downing water just for normal activity
No AC will bring the temperature down to the 70's when it's that hot out. Office buildings are kept even colder which is a waste actually.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Be prepared for the cost of living shock of your lifetime. I grew up in southern CT. My family lives in CT. I work a lot in CT. You couldn't pay me enough money to live there.

I lived in CT for 7 years and my mom lives in Fairfield. We may end up moving up their to take care of her,, she'll never move to Florida.

Believe me, I remember how much registering a car, with the ad velorium tax. Florida, $75/year. CT $1200/yr.

My mother's house is valued at about a million. She pays $12,000+/year in just property taxes. In 2000, we were paying $2000 month for an apartment.

I know the deal.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The Colorado River only fills the 2 man made lakes. You can keep your swamp. 😂

Don't come crying to Florida when Arizona won't let you wash your car in a few years. That dirty car is your fault. My car will be clean.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Be prepared for the cost of living shock of your lifetime. I grew up in southern CT. My family lives in CT. I work a lot in CT. You couldn't pay me enough money to live there.
I grew up in Northern Virginia right outside DC. This is the exact same verbiage I used to describe Northern Virginia. I will never go back

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
But your soul won't.

That's already black, no matter where I live, so it's, all good.

#Dead inside

My soul is as black as Jim's lungs.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I lived in CT for 7 years and my mom lives in Fairfield. We may end up moving up their to take care of her,, she'll never move to Florida.

I grew up in Fairfield, a block from Jennings Beach. That house was wiped out by Superstorm Sandy. Six feet of water in the house and irreparable foundation damage. We used the FEMA flood insurance money to tear it down and sold the lot for $650K. Three neighbors bought it and built a four story $3.5M castle on it which they flipped for a half mil each. She now lives in a ground floor condo in the Stratfield area.

I visit a couple of times a month. There's just no good way to get there from here. I-91, Merritt, I-95, CT 8, they all suck. There are more left lane bandits in CT than anywhere else in the country I've driven. Ugh. Gas taxes are 20 cents higher than MA, and MA is not cheap. I go there to visit family, to fly out of Bradley, and to work races. That's it.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I grew up in Fairfield, a block from Jennings Beach. That house was wiped out by Superstorm Sandy. Six feet of water in the house and irreparable foundation damage. We used the FEMA flood insurance money to tear it down and sold the lot for $650K. Three neighbors bought it and built a four story $3.5M castle on it which they flipped for a half mil each. She now lives in a ground floor condo in the Stratfield area.

I visit a couple of times a month. There's just no good way to get there from here. I-91, Merritt, I-95, CT 8, they all suck. There are more left lane bandits in CT than anywhere else in the country I've driven. Ugh. Gas taxes are 20 cents higher than MA, and MA is not cheap. I go there to visit family, to fly out of Bradley, and to work races. That's it.

I was showing my wife the house I grew up in SF in. Looked it up on zilliow. Last sale was 3.8 million a few years ago. To bad my parents hasn't held into that one.

She lives near the high school in Fairfield, so not the super expensive places by the beach. That's a nice area.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Don't come crying to Florida when Arizona won't let you wash your car in a few years. That dirty car is your fault. My car will be clean.
I get it. You like Florida better than Arizona. FWIW though Phoenix itself is in decent shape with water. They've been storing water in old underground salt mines for years. A large portion of the Colorado River water goes to California and Arizona farming and a few other states. If Hoover Dam drops any further there will be cutbacks in allocations. I could always move back to Prescott, AZ. They're not dependent on the Colorado River. But yes there's been a 25 year or so drought brought forth mainly from the lack of snowfall in the mountain areas to the north.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I get it. You like Florida better than Arizona. FWIW though Phoenix itself is in decent shape with water. They've been storing water in old underground salt mines for years. A large portion of the Colorado River water goes to California and Arizona farming and a few other states. If Hoover Dam drops any further there will be cutbacks in allocations. I could always move back to Prescott, AZ. They're not dependent on the Colorado River. But yes there's been a 25 year or so drought brought forth mainly from the lack of snowfall in the mountain areas to the north.

Dude, I'm just playing around, I like anywhere I can work from home, play with cars on the weekend, and afford to live in a decent neighborhood. I have no allegiance to Floriderp.

But my soul is black.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Changed knob coins from the generic to a shift pattern..lol - I’m dying internally cause I’m not modifying the car until it gets fixed on January 10 :ROFLMAO:.

Attachments

• 185DEB54-DA17-480F-8023-3CC06D950D34.jpeg
    185DEB54-DA17-480F-8023-3CC06D950D34.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 55