GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vibration on 2021 GTI fixed

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Got to dealership at 20 min to 8 and they waved me in. Told them the issue and went for a little drive to confirm the vibration in the passenger side door. It was easily reproduced and the mechanic knew it was the fuel line right away. It took him all of 30 mins to fix when we got back to the dealership. Not a peep from that door on the 34 min drive home and it vibrated all the way to the dealership...very pleased:)

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Very nice! Glad to hear that solved the issue! Do you know if dealer sprayed foam or zip tied the fuel line down?

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Very nice! Glad to hear that solved the issue! Do you know if dealer sprayed foam or zip tied the fuel line down?
I am not sure, but while we were driving to reproduce the noise he said something about tubing he puts around the fuel line and slides it all the way down the channel end to end Regardless it worked well. He said VW should really recall for this issue. He said they did in 2006 and they had fixed it. He is also a Master mechanic on Audi and he said they did their fuel lines proper on the Audis to where this would never be an issue.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I am not sure, but while we were driving to reproduce the noise he said something about tubing he puts around the fuel line and slides it all the way down the channel end to end Regardless it worked well. He said VW should really recall for this issue. He said they did in 2006 and they had fixed it. He is also a Master mechanic on Audi and he said they did their fuel lines proper on the Audis to where this would never be an issue.
That's what I did. bought like 12 feet of foam noodle wire covering super cheap. Lubed it up and jammed it in the rail. Turns out my rattle wasn't from there.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Ha! Well, you still probably prevented a future rattle by doing that has the fuel line is just loose and flopping about in that channel. What was your rattle? I have no illusions that this will be my last an only rattle with this car. I think they are known for their rattles!

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
It's crazy that VW still has not fixed this problem from the factory. Fuel line rattle was well documented in early MK7s.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
VW is too busy applying all their resources on solving the thermostat housing leak. 😂