GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

60-100 mph times

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
It did. I have to watch them the entire time or they will put the spacers on the wrong wheel even though the spacers are marked front and rear.

Damn man, sounds like you need to take your car to a different shop from now on. Do they need to be ASE certified working at Discount Tires?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Damn man, sounds like you need to take your car to a different shop from now on. Do they need to be ASE certified working at Discount Tires?

I go to that one because it's a 1/2 mile from my house. No certification for tire jockeys. Hell they only pay them $12 per hour. It's a dirty hot job in Phoenix.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
It did. I have to watch them the entire time or they will put the spacers on the wrong wheel even though the spacers are marked front and rear.

😂😂😂 This is why we can’t have nice things. I swear. I resent the fact that normies with their shitbox commuter pigs have absolutely ruined good service shops for the rest of us who care.

I agree with JerseyDrew though, you need to find somewhere else to get your tire work done.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
😂😂😂 This is why we can’t have nice things. I swear. I resent the fact that normies with their shitbox commuter pigs have absolutely ruined good service shops for the rest of us who care.

I agree with JerseyDrew though, you need to find somewhere else to get your tire work done.

I go through tires so fast because of the miles I drive and Discount Tires just keeps pro rating them because I never get the warranted mileage but it wouldn't be any different going to a different shop because they're all the same. I'll just keep watching them to make sure it gets done right. The last time I was there they didn't have an adapter for my socket which is a 1/2 inch drive thin wall socket because of the wheels. Their shop had been broken into and all their hand tools were stolen so they went to Autozone and got a 1/2 to 3/4 adapter to use with their power tools. They bought it and told me to keep it for the future. With C19 going on they always have new guys working so they don't have any experience with the aftermarket stuff.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Finally figured out how to add the custom field for 60-100. Did initial runs after commuting 30+ minutes, so plenty of heat in the engine. 68F ambient temp.

5.78s

1/2 tank of fuel. Two kids seats (one with seat and base), spare tire, jack/repair kit, random toys, a box for shipping. Might need to drop some weight and see what it will do.

Also need to regap my my spark plugs. Been 15000 miles. Might finally be getting a random misfire or two. Maybe a bit of knock, but depends on the run when I log. I imagine it is mostly false knock.

Screenshot_20200819-094438.png

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Finally figured out how to add the custom field for 60-100. Did initial runs after commuting 30+ minutes, so plenty of heat in the engine. 68F ambient temp.

5.78s
DA = 2152ft

1/2 tank of fuel. Two kids seats (one with seat and base), spare tire, jack/repair kit, random toys, a box for shipping. Might need to drop some weight and see what it will do.

Also need to regap my my spark plugs. Been 15000 miles. Might finally be getting a random misfire or two. Maybe a bit of knock, but depends on the run when I log. I imagine it is mostly false knock.

Dragy or it didn't happen. 😂

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Dragy or it didn't happen. 😂

Oh yeah, that proof thing lol

Post updated. Also, DA was lower from Dragy then when I searched for it online. And the temp data conflicts with what my ambient sensor said.

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
APR stage1 HO (old ass version)

Ran mine twice on two different tanks with 2 gallons of e85 and best i can do is 6 flat. Was hoping to break into 5s. That's a .2 improvement from this winter's cooler weather and regular 93. All on torque app. It was my first time splashing it with e85 and you can tell the car likes it, crazy KR is also addressed. APR claims 5.7 60-100 (1/4 mile of 13.1 at 110). My car trapped 108 few yrs ago and ran 13.1. Is my car getting old?

We need more slow cars in here. Bunch of you guys have rocket ships! LOL

Got some nice runs against a long wanted benchmark - the M3 Dual Motor that's in the family.

From page one they run ... '5.4/5.5 sec --- Model 3 Performance and Dual Motor (trap 113/114 mph)'

Did a number of runs. That thing takes off like a motherf..er! For you more experienced people, does 5.5 vs 6 seconds in 60-100 equal 2-3 car lengths from 40 - 120?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
APR stage1 HO (old ass version)

Ran mine twice on two different tanks with 2 gallons of e85 and best i can do is 6 flat. Was hoping to break into 5s. That's a .2 improvement from this winter's cooler weather and regular 93. All on torque app. It was my first time splashing it with e85 and you can tell the car likes it, crazy KR is also addressed. APR claims 5.7 60-100 (1/4 mile of 13.1 at 110). My car trapped 108 few yrs ago and ran 13.1. Is my car getting old?

We need more slow cars in here. Bunch of you guys have rocket ships! LOL

Got some nice runs against a long wanted benchmark - the M3 Dual Motor that's in the family.

From page one they run ... '5.4/5.5 sec --- Model 3 Performance and Dual Motor (trap 113/114 mph)'

Did a number of runs. That thing takes off like a motherf..er! For you more experienced people, does 5.5 vs 6 seconds in 60-100 equal 2-3 car lengths from 40 - 120?

Way too many variables to compare car lengths with those two different speeds.

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
I'm sure someone out there has this info. We can keep it to 60-100, and most of the variables should be out of the window.

Back when i had mk6, my benchmark was '05 GT mustang with some minor work done to it and from what i can recall, stage 2 GTI bridged about a 1-2 car gap the GT always had on me from a roll while i was stage1. I have the time slips, want to say trap speeds were within 1-2mph before going stage2 and then it was about the same.

The general rule of thumb in 1/4 mile .. tenth = a car length was true for those two 13 sec cars

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Starting in 2nd gear unnecessary and slows him down starting the pull at the 2-3 shift.