GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
My wife did the DNA test on herself and my son (the Pentagon has warned against it, so I won't do it).
Her father is very Polish. Her mother is very German. But DNA reveals she has like 20 nationalities, going back to Kenya.
My son is half her and half me, again 20 different nationalities. From Sri Lanka, to China, to England, to Cameroon.
Race and color are division tactics.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
@Handguns4heaRTs I will answer you again. I have not seen black people treated any differently than whites. The exception being that I see them get preferential treatment at their jobs BECAUSE of the color of their skin. So I would be ok with it.
In truth, we all should be treated by our character. Skin color is not race. There is only one race, the HUMAN race.

I agree that we should all be treated the same and you're correct about some occupations where a black person gets preferential treatment because they're black but it's not true in general. At least in Phoenix. In Phoenix black people don't get treated the same during a simple stop for speeding.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I'm sure this is a regional thing. Just saying, the pendulum swings both ways.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm sure this is a regional thing. Just saying, the pendulum swings both ways.

You're correct. It's a shame that the treatment is different based on the color of a person's skin. Black people shouldn't get preferential treatment or be treated suspect of something because the color of their skin. This country is a mess.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
@zrickety out of curiosity, what’s the highest level of education you’ve COMPLETED?
As high as I wanted. NHS, 9th in my high school class, multiple years of college, paramedic. I will also argue 'levels of education' is fairly meaningless. I know brilliant people that only have their GED. I know doctors that are not very smart. A Harvard graduate with C or D grades is probably dumber than most of the guys on this forum.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
SO WHO'S WEARING A MASK WHEN THEY HAVE SEX?
Because 'experts.'

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
White and black people are not treated the same, that's ridiculous.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Here's John Boyega, of Star Wars fame, a 6 time millionaire, talking to GQ about how hard it is being black.
GIMME A BREAK.
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/john-boyega-interview-2020?utm_source=pocket-newtab
20200827-boyega-new-02.jpg

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
I don't know why they can't shoot people in the leg to disable them.

I've heard this argument multiple times and I wanted to find the reason why officers don't shoot people in the leg. With all the medical professionals in here, I'm sure I'll be corrected if this is wrong 😆 . From what I've found, the leg has the femoral and popliteal arteries that, if cut, will cause the person to bleed out in minutes. If the bullet strikes bone, like the femur, it can shatter, causing massive shrapnel and a significant increase in cutting an artery. Since a leg has a smaller area to hit, you have a higher percentage of killing the person aiming at the leg than the torso.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
White and black people are not treated the same, that's ridiculous.

Wow, did you pull that from your mom's 1989 VHS tape??