GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

22mm SuperPro Rear Sway Bar - The Conservative Approach

sloopercat

Go Kart Newbie
Appreciate the instructions. My understanding, from other posts I see, is that effects traction control. Curious if this is the same thing as what I can already do in the Sport or through the Custom settings available in the car already?

ucfquattroguy

Go Kart Newbie
Huge 2nd on the VAQ Adaptation Value setting change. It's yet to be confirmed, because they're so rare, but it's believed this setting may be what's labled as "default" on the Clubsport S cars.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The braking adaptions and ESC settings are just as transformative to these cars on track performance. If you make the VAQ, braking, ESC adaptions, add some negative camber in front and throw a rear sway bar on, it's a different car. I really liked the car stock. With these mods, it's nothing short of outstanding.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Curious if this is the same thing as what I can already do in the Sport or through the Custom settings available in the car already?
From my understanding no, this setting can only be activated through VCDS/OBD11. I have had my car in sport mode the entire time previous to me making this coding change and it is very different from the way the VAQ engages stock.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
From my understanding no, this setting can only be activated through VCDS/OBD11. I have had my car in sport mode the entire time previous to me making this coding change and it is very different from the way the VAQ engages stock.

This. These setting are not available in the modes provided by VW, but rather settings that they used on the CSS that you can unlock with VCDS or OBD11.

sloopercat

Go Kart Newbie
Working on getting a VagCom set up on an old notebook I had. Ross-Tech even gave me credit for a license I bought from them for my S4 in 2007.

A link to info on how to get at the settings needed and some suggestions on what does what in those would be appreciated. 2019 with manual, if that matters. Thanks for y’alls input so far.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Working on getting a VagCom set up on an old notebook I had. Ross-Tech even gave me credit for a license I bought from them for my S4 in 2007.

A link to info on how to get at the settings needed and some suggestions on what does what in those would be appreciated. 2019 with manual, if that matters. Thanks for y’alls input so far.

I have the brake and VAQ adaptions with security codes listed in the Macan brake thread at the bottom of the first post.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/consolidated-macan-brembo-upgrade-thread.371028/

sloopercat

Go Kart Newbie
I put the 25mm Eibach sway in with the Moog endlinks. Pretty easy install, just unbolted the left rear muffler mount to drop the tailpipe out of the way. Also did one of the first VCDS mod to get the VAQ to hit harder. I did the sway first and tried that out by itself. A definite improvement. With the VAQ adjusted, it was noticeable. The car seems to rotate and take a bite better coming out of the corners. Need to drive it some more to see, but I think it is mission accomplished. It no longer feels like it is pushing in corners.

Thanks for the VCDS mods, I also did the throttle response mod while I was in there. The clutch to accelerator dance seems more normal now, waiting to do the restrictor removal till it warms up again.

Last edited:

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Let us know how you like it on the track and how exactly it changes the handling.

A few days ago I ran the car at the Homestead-Miami circuit. Handling was definitely more neutral, I was able to point the car where I wanted it to go and that back end was giving me feedback! Much less understeer than before the sway bar install.

Turn 10 coming in off the NASCAR back straight- where people run into trouble with LTO or late braking issues (a guy in a McLaren hooked into the inner wall that day), the car was very stable and confidence inspiring.

I’m really happy with this “small” Superpro sway bar (running it in full stiff) and endlink combo.

Last edited:

mayhem_j30

Passed Driver's Ed
SouthFL thanks for the on track review.

Anyone tried installing the SP 22mm with the moog end links? Installed last night but could not get the links to mate when on the full stiff setting. I think the links are too short and only work on the soft setting. I spent an hour trying different strategies like different loads on each tire, losening all mounts and even starting with the links mounted to the bar then tried disconnecting from bar and starting by bolting to the LCA first.

Either I fudged the install or need longer /adjustable links.