GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by whitegti2017

1. W

Which Michelin's? PS4S vs. PSAS4S

Thank you everyone for the replies... Yeah located in Long Beach, I do go to Bear & Mammoth during the winter but I go with friends that have a lifted JK Jeep so the car would never see snow; if anything it would see a few times the weather touches low 40's driving to work and possible rain...
  2. W

Which Michelin's? PS4S vs. PSAS4S

Alright guys, I need your input... It's time to change out the stock Bridgestone RE70AS (which only have 29,500 miles on them); I'm torn between the PS4S and PSAS4S. Each one has their pro's and con's, hoping you will vote and let me know what you think. Thank you!
  3. W

Odd sound on Drivers side, post VWR install

Thank you for chiming in; when you said you adjusted your endlinks, did you make them shorter or longer? I shortened mine when I went from stock height to lower. Just not sure if I need to fine tune mine more; I'll be tightening them when I get a chance this weekend.
  4. W

Odd sound on Drivers side, post VWR install

Sorry to bring up an old thread, was curious if there was any resolution? Thank you!
  5. W

Audi TT - Strut Mount Bearing (p/n: 8S0-412-249) - Possible Solution?

Thank you for reaching out... What I am using is the Schwaben strut socket and holding the strut shaft with 7mm allen while trying to torque it down. The interesting thing is when torquing down the nut I can not get to the recommended torque of 60nM; I can maybe get to 40nM. I understand...
  6. W

The clicking happens at slow speeds and when pulling into the garage at super slow speeds. The creaking/ticking noise is consistent at any speed between 1-10mph. It also sounds like coil binding but I have installed spring silencers with no luck; also installed a front dead kit and it didn't...
  7. W

I was doing some research today trying to figure out what is causing my slow speed clicking noise when I turn left or right on my lowered GTi. I have narrowed it down to being the front drivers side and everywhere I look people are saying that it is the strut bearing. I have replaced my strut...
  8. W

Clicking when Turning Steering Wheel @ Slow speeds - Lowered Car

I had some time yesterday to mess around with the car. I took off the drivers side endlink and just backed it out of the driver way turning the steering wheel back and forth and surprising the noise wasn't as bad, almost bearable. So I went ahead and adjusted my endlinks to be shorter than...
  9. W

I'll have to investigate the CV joint this weekend, I only have 20,000 on the odometer so I couldn't image the axles would be going bad this fast, plus living in So Cal, there isn't much rain or snow out here. The noise I have I can actually feel when I have my foot on the dead pedal, so I...
  10. W

Hello All, Hoping someone can help me out. Recently lowered my GTI on ED springs with 18,000 miles on it from a reputability company; about a month after lowering it I noticed a clicking noise from the driver side when I would turn my steering wheel for example backing out of the garage...
  11. W

Adjustable Front Swaybar Endlink - Lowered Car

Thank you for the recommendations, I checked the endlink's lower and upper nut and both were super tight. I just re-torqued the upper strut nut this morning and it also seems like the nut bottoms out before being torque to the correct specs. Is this something you guys have ever come across?
  12. W

Adjustable Front Swaybar Endlink - Lowered Car

Hello All, Hopefully someone can help or point me in the right direction. I have posted in the suspension forum as well but with not much response... I have recently lowered my car on ED Springs, as well as ED rear swaybar endlinks and SuperPro front swaybar endlinks. I have been able to...
  13. W

Adjustable Front Swaybar Endlink - Lowered Vehicle

Bump... Anyone else experience this situation?