GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Unclespud

1. U

High or Low Output Stage 1 tune for '16 GTI DSG?

I'm considering doing a stage 1 APR tune for my wife's new '16 GTI PP DSG. The local APR dealer recommends a low output tune. The reason: the stock DSG transmission software will cut power/torque for the high output tune, but has little impact on the low output tune. The fix: buy APR's DSG...
  2. U

Advice Needed on RSB for MK 7 GTI

Thinking of getting a rear sway bar for my GTI, but have a couple of questions: Looking at the Neuspeed 25mm bar--do I also need new endlinks? Will it stiffen the ride? (I seem to remember some posts earlier in the year which indicated that it did). If so, is it worth the trade-off? Any...
  3. U

Compared to a PP GTI, is the R worth it?

Without the benefit of having driven an R (none in my state to drive), I've been looking throughout the western USA for a '16 R with DCC, manual, and the driver's assistance package. High demand, low volume and the difficulty finding an R with DAP have made this task next to impossible. If I...
  4. U

Massive VW emissions recall--will this affect JB1?

edit: just read that this pertains to diesels (sorry--false alarm)
  5. U

Neuspeed Power Module FS--Lowered Price

Neuspeed Power Module FS--$200 shipped. Used for approximately 2K miles (6 weeks), works perfectly. Original shipping materials, instructions, and new velcro included. Please note reduced price. Cost $359 new. First $200 takes it. Please PM if interested. Thanks.
  6. U

Neuspeed Power Module for sale $270 shipped

Neuspeed Power Module for sale $250 shipped Neuspeed Power Module for sale. Used only 6 weeks, in perfect working condition. In original box/packing materials, with new industrial strength velcro and installation instructions. Adds noticeable HP/TQ, with easy installation/removal. $250 shipped...
  7. U

Neuspeed Power Module vs. JB1 (long)

I have a bone stock PP GTI, 6M (no bolt-ons) running on 91 octane (that's all I can get where I live). I have 3000 miles on the car, 2000 of which were put on my Neuspeed Power Module. Today I installed the JB1. I had a few hiccups (my fault entirely, which I'll get to in a bit). Conditions...
  8. U

Dynamic Chassis Control is toast

Lost DCC function today. Mode selector does not highlight the driving mode when pressed. Driving mode indicator (the indicator on the nav screen and MFD which tells you which mode you're in) is blank. The "information" screen (where you can adjust variables for the "individual" settings is also...
  9. U

Are there any tuners capable of flash tuning power pack GTI's?

It's my understanding that the ECU's on power pack GTI's are different from the non-pp cars. Consequently, not all tuners are ready for the power pack cars. Are there any tuners capable of tuning the pp cars, or is the Neuspeed Power Module the only alternative at this point? Unitronic and...