GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by UNBROKEN

1. UNBROKEN

Spacer question…

So I cheated my way out of it. Rear camber was set at -1.7 so I moved it out to -1.2 to match the front and 5mm spacers made it perfect.
  2. UNBROKEN

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Did the air inlet mod. Made sense after seeing the path incoming air takes to the airbox. Took all of 20 minutes and it free…
  3. UNBROKEN

Spacer question…

I saw that cap…being new to VW’s I didn’t want to remove it. I have the same style spacer…with it bottomed out on that cap it’s still 3-4mm from making contact with the hub. That’s why I tried to machine the hub side deeper but there wasn’t enough meat on the wheel side. what’s behind that cap...
  4. UNBROKEN

Spacer question…

Do you remember the brand? I’m unsure how you got this style spacer to work at 57.1mm for the hub and wheel both.
  5. UNBROKEN

Spacer question…

After swapping wheels I’ve been playing with spacers to dial in the exact fit I want. In a perfect world I’d run 5mm up front and 10mm on the rear. The front is a non-issue. 5mm slip on spacers leave plenty of hub protrusion for the wheel to stay hub-centric. The issue is the rear…I ordered 10mm...
  6. UNBROKEN

SOLD 18x7.5 Mallory’s in Houston area.

18x7.5 ET51 Mallory wheels from a Jetta GLI with good tires. 2 different brands of tires but all 4 are in great shape. I bought the car with these tires a few months ago. Also includes a full set of OEM lugs and factory wheel locks with the lug caps and a set of 15 and 20mm spacers to make these...
  7. UNBROKEN

The Mk7 OEM wheels thread

Yea…19x9 at +33 They looks awesome but stick out past the fenders…just not a look I’m after. I actually went to look at a set to see if there was enough thickness on the mounting pad to shave off 8-9mm but there’s not.
  8. UNBROKEN

Found an absolutely mint set of 18x8 Mallorys off a CC R-Line that the guy put in storage the same week he bought the car in 2013 and forgot about them…they’ve been in plastic inside boxes since then. Wrapped them in Nitto NT555 G2’s and it’s exactly the look I wanted for a work car with the...
  9. UNBROKEN

Using oem wheel offsets for flush fit. Pics please?

The CC in its first version was called the Passat CC…guess that’s what I saw. . At any rate the wheel is available in 18x8 +45 so that’s easy….+41 may even be better to match the fit of the rear wheel. I’ll have to look closer at that. The 18x8 +30 came in that darker grey and also the hyper...
  10. UNBROKEN

Using oem wheel offsets for flush fit. Pics please?

I’ve been playing with numbers and comparing offsets on factory wheels to build an oem “staggered” look but using the same width. The oem Mallory wheels from a Passat in 18x8 +45 for the front and the same wheel from a Tiguan in 18x8 +30 for the rear. Both should be almost flush with no spacers...
  11. UNBROKEN

Official Carbon Steel Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

Picked this 2017 S up for a new daily. My Explorer ST is my real money pit so this is only getting minor things done. Picked up some Jetta GLI wheels, 15/20mm spacers, debadged it, ceramic tint all around including the windshield, rear wiper delete, tinted the rear marker lights and wrapped the...
  12. UNBROKEN

Jetta GLI 18’s with 15/20mm spacers. Eibach springs showed up today.
  13. UNBROKEN

Shops in Houston

Are there any recommended shops in Houston? I’m looking for somewhere local to buy H&R coils, wheel spacers and other small parts and possibly install/align as well.
  14. UNBROKEN

WTB Serron wheels and tires SE Texas

Looking for a full, non-curbed set of these preferably with good tires. I’m located in Houston but will drive a bit for a good set.