GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Uggers

1. U

Estate/Variant mk7.5 LED Tail lights on a mk7

awesome, great to know Thanks for the help much appreciated.
  2. U

ah perfect, thanks! stupid question, is that harness just to convert from the 7 to 7.5 harness and (other than coding) all the foglight etc won't need modifying Or was it for using EU lights on a NA car? as I'm in the UK it wasn't too clear as his site is for the NA market
  3. U

Has anyone ever retrofitted the LED Tail lights from a mk7.5 to a mk7 for the estate? I've got a UK GTD Estate and the rear light cluster is damaged and wondered if it would be an easy swap, if it needed coding had someone written coding up at all? Also I can't find the part numbers for the...
  4. U

Aerofabb UK supplier

Yeah, I did speak to them and they are looking into European distributors, but that was a few weeks ago now and I doubt its a high priority at the moment.
  5. U

Aerofabb UK supplier

Not sure if anyone in the UK can answer this one or any else who's purchased this, But does anyone know if a supplier exists for the Aerofabb v2 Splitter in the UK or Europe? I know Aerofabb do ship abroad but it was over a 1/3rd cost on shipping as it was for the Splitter . Just trying to see...
  6. U

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

Thanks, yeah its the CAN bus that I don't like the idea of having to splice into, the 12v doesn't matter so much, but as you say, it seems to be the only way, and I can't see a way to make up a Y splitter for them both
  7. U

Sorry just realised I was being an idiot and didn't read the guides here (and that link) apologies for the dumb question I did want to query how you guys were plugging these into the quadlock though. The 12V and Canbus are bare wires, were as the ones for the blue plug are pinned (so presumably...
  8. U

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Perfect thanks, I managed to find the post so I can give it a go trying to fix myself.
  9. U

My fuel flap isn't flush with my panel, it seems maybe 0.5-1mm further in at the left side (non hinge) and it also doesn't pop out when I push it in. I have to pull it forward with my finger nail It does lock though and when I pull the cap open I can push the little piston in and out manually...
  10. U

Is their a PDF guide at all to the wiring, I bought the carsystems.eu one that came with the harness and was surprised to see some bare wires that I guess need tapping, but i'm not entirely sure which. Sorry for a potential repeated question.
  11. U

Bi Xenon Bulbs Opinions

I've noticed all the bulbs in my GTD front lights are a slightly different colour. I know the DLRs I can't change (sealed unit LED I think?) But does anyone have any advice as to a good set of all around replacements and what colour K to go for? Just to add, it's a 2016 MK7
  12. U

Is the front passenger seatbelt buckle meant to be a bit taller than the drivers side? At first I thought the drives was just leaning down a bit but now I've noticed it I can't stop noticing it, is it like this for anyone else's?
  13. U

I might of imagined it, but is there a towbar/hitch that you can pull a panel on in the rear of the car that causes it to drop down to be used. I'm sure I've seen a YouTube video with one for the MK7 Estate especially as there's a hole in the rear spitter for a towbar. I've tried googling...
  14. U

I'll try both methods see if I can source it Didn't think of the possibility of the soundbox Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
  15. U

Sorry didn't see your reply apologies It's deff inside the cabin over the passenger side somewhere. It sounds like a cross between a bad speaker connection and a rattling plastic vibrating (bad description I know) It happens regardless of road surface so I'm assuming it's general vibration...