GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bi Xenon Bulbs Opinions

Uggers

Passed Driver's Ed
I've noticed all the bulbs in my GTD front lights are a slightly different colour.

I know the DLRs I can't change (sealed unit LED I think?)

But does anyone have any advice as to a good set of all around replacements and what colour K to go for?

Just to add, it's a 2016 MK7

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
I've noticed all the bulbs in my GTD front lights are a slightly different colour.

I know the DLRs I can't change (sealed unit LED I think?)

But does anyone have any advice as to a good set of all around replacements and what colour K to go for?

Just to add, it's a 2016 MK7

Yes the DRL’s (daytime running lights) are sealed LED, if the bulb colours don’t match, either one is failing or one has recently been changed, if you do swap them out Just be sure to stick with OSRAM or PHILIPS, the stock D3S bulbs are 4300K, if you want maximum illumination OSRAM night breaker laser are one, if not the best, if you want whiter light (at the cost of brightness) Philips white vision are very good as are OSRAM cool blue intense, anything higher than 5500K starts to lose brightness.

Uggers

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the reply,

Sorry by different colour I mean between each bulb type not a miss match between sides.

I realise I'll never be able to match exactly the halogen, hid and led but getting a bit closer would be nice.

Looking at this if I can get the DS3 and H7 from the same manufacturers range (nightbraker etc) it'll probably be the best match you can get

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

rajb

Unfortunately that will be the case as they are as you say different bulb types. Xenon, LED and standard bulb types will run different temps, lumens/kelvin output.

You can buy replacements to try and match as closely as possible the K rating to get the light to colour match but it will always be slight differences.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Philips white vision D3S are your best option for matching the LED DRL’s, however the H7 bulbs are only used for static cornering lights and are rarely on for long! For this reason your best option for the H7 is to get the brightest not the whitest, (function over form!).

Uggers

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks I'll give them a whirl.

I think one must of gone for the previous owner and cheaped out as I've noticed by the wrong size crappy tyres the car used to have.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk