GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by spaceworm

1. S

Used GTI prices are nearly as high as those for new MK7.5s

That $1,100 drop (8%) is in line with the recent weekly drops in our segment. Last week we saw a 1% week-to-week drop, that is substantial. I can bet you anything that online dealers factor daily auction data into their offer algorithm and make adjustments to remain in a positive position (just...
  2. S

Exactly, some people have leasing Niro's, turning around and selling after a month just to get the lease equity from inflated used car prices. I don't think selling quickly matters as much as what the actual Used car market says this car with XX miles in XX condition is worth.
  3. S

This was my car. Actually 18,5k but that was back in June. Look at the 2-8yr old wholesale auction prices and you will see a big nosedive accelerating in the last couple of weeks. That is a definitive trend for sure, one that still hasn't translated into retail prices, however the online dealers...
  4. S

Sold my GTI today. 2016 GTI S DSG w/60k mi for a little under 19k. Auction data indicates used-car market is softening, with slowing appreciation, so decided to close the deal now. Hopefully correction is ahead. Will be looking for a good deal on a low mile mk7.5
  5. S

Some people are getting super deals with Vroom, and in those rare cases like with your SI, I guess its worth the risk with these guys. You hear lots of stories over in other forums, from delays, the wording of the contract to pickup problems. In most cases everything works out, but its far...
  6. S

Definitely. Actually Carvana is coming tomorrow and if everything goes smoothly I will be posting some good stuff: Brand new set of (sealed in box) Osram LEDdriving headlights, Clubsport S Muffer, Helix Soundbox, Brand new Cobb Accessport with EQT Stg1 and DSG tune, set of Cadiz wheels with...
  7. S

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

I’ve been reading some dealers are not “participating” right now in these type of programs. Haven’t read the fine print, but seems like participation is optional for many of these employee/affiliation programs. Hope it works for vw.
  8. S

I am pretty sure they are not discounting much if any at all. Right now its the worst time to buy a car. Wait it out a couple of months if you can.
  9. S

Lol that’s a good one pffff
  10. S

Congratulations on your new ride, DIB is really a cool color. 33k otd is about right (asking) in the current market with those low miles.
  11. S

I should have said Msrp plus dealer add-ons.
  12. S

. Agreed. Or if you have 20k cash on hand, wait until used car bubble bursts and go hunting for a nice deal on a low mile recent model GTI/R if you really want a 7.5. You have to be flexible in these times. I also didn’t want an 8, but reality is that the current market has shifted options and...
  13. S

I learned a while back never to go in person to a dealer without having a deal worked out/agreed upon beforehand. Now more than ever, but hey the urge when shopping for a new car is strong with many.
  14. S

I think they just want to get you in the door, pretty sure the Puebla plant is done making GTIs. Why don’t you just wait? You are not driving anywhere soon. If you are paying msrp plus, get the newer 8, or wait and let the used car price bubble pop and get a nicer car. But now is definitely...
  15. S

Carvana. Sold them my leased bmw too a while back, very easy transaction. If I didn’t have a backup car, I wouldn’t consider selling due to high replacement cost. Corollas are the only decent lease right now 👎