GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by spacewill

1. S

Engine Replacement - 2015 GTI MK7

Awesome, thanks! That's what I was thinking of doing too. I was actually wondering if I listed it for $4-$5K if someone with good mechanical skills would buy it. It's a solid car other than the small issue of, you know, bad engine. ha.
  2. S

Back to the original question; thanks for those who have provided some thoughts. Is this engine change any more difficult or complicated than others? I figure knowing VW they throw in some magic dust that only they have access to. Do y'all know if the engine comes out the top or drops out of...
  3. S

Anyone in Houston area know a reputable shop that can look at it to validate what VW dealer says?
  4. S

Well damn, that sucks. No, never logged it. To be honest I was a passive modder so I didn't really spend too much time on it after the tune. If I would have known a new engine was $11K to $18K I probably would not have modded it.
  5. S

Sorry, should have clarified. I bought the cobb tuner but run the specialized tune from "Maperformance", they are pretty reputable and I haven't heard of any issues with their tune.
  6. S

Happened pretty quickly while driving back from Louisiana. Started sputtering while driving 70mph, EPC light came on at same time. I was 30 miles from home so I took it home and then to a shop 3 miles away. No physical mods but I did have a COBB Stage 1 tune. No issues or lights prior to this...
  7. S

Anyone in the Houston area who has a local shop you trust who I could reach out to and potentially further diagnose?
  8. S

Thanks. I was already $1200 in with VW and didn't want them to continue to steal my money as the only way to get credit for that spend was for them to credit it towards the $11K to $18K engine replacement. I like your suggestion and maybe I'll take to a local shop who has experience and can do...
  9. S

Not sure the difference between PP or S model..but it's the Mk7 2.0 turbo engine. I don't think doing it for $8K is really worth it cause, but if I can get an engine for $3K and make total costs around $4K then it's worth it cause everything else is in great shape.
  10. S

Just got the engine EDM indicator. Took to a reputable repair shop who replaced the ignition coils a few times and figured out it was bigger than the coils and cables and then suggested I take to VW dealer. They did the pressure test and cylinder 1 was at 26PSI while 2, 3 and 4 were 170 to...
  11. S

Hello All, Unfortunately I will have to replace the engine on my 2015 GTI with 98K miles. VW dealer wants $11K for used and $18K for new. A local shop wants about $8K for used engine with 60K miles. I've seen I can probably buy an engine for about $3K so I was wondering if anyone on here has...