GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by shiranai

1. S

Trusted Audio shop or dealer that can install Helix Soundbox? (Portland, OR)

Hello, I just bought the GTI SE. I didn't think much about the sound system (I mean, how bad can the sound system in a modern $30k car be right?) but after really putting it to the test, I think it's one of the most disappointing system I've ever heard haha. So hollow and lacking in richness no...
  2. S

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

https://express.armstrongvw.com/express/used/3VW4T7AU2FM021857?deal_type=cash Does this look like a good deal? From its history and mileage, this particular example seems to be "tried and true" to be super reliable and well taken care of 😂
  3. S

Do you do your first oil change early?

Hello, I don't mean to hijack the topic but figured I just ask here instead of creating a new post. I keep seeing a mileage interval (10K) for oil changes but not time interval. However, I would guess you should change your oil at least once a year regardless of miles. My specific question...
  4. S

Drove FRS .... GTI now feels like an SUV

In these Car A vs Car B threads, I think there are bigger over-arching factors at play here that affects one's preference over another- Wants vs needs, lifestyle and circumstances, body frame, driving style, and driving environments just to name a few. All of those things, consciously and...
  5. S

New to Everything VW/GTI. Just doing my HW.

I have to admit this is super superficial and vain of me... but I'll admit I cannot get myself to buy any new GTI (or actually, any new car) where the front bumper has been drilled for the plate frame. To me, it's like the dealer unwittingly damaging the car and that should be up to the...
  6. S

Out with my 17 in with the 19

Congrats on your new GTI! How was the dealership experience and the buying process like with all stuff going on?
  7. S

Good afternoon, Wow thank you all for the warm welcome and replies! It's good to know I'm more or less on track in the right direction and having the right ideas. Some reassuring info and some more things to look into too. Yes, in that long-winded post, I forgot to mention I am only looking at...
  8. S

Hello everyone, I'm looking into getting a '19/20 GTI thanks to the sweet 0% APR going on right now. Currently, doing as much HW as I can with all the free time I have. Been watching many youtube reviews and browsing issues and forum/reddit topics. Before any of this, I know literally nothing...