GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by rowdyzombie

1. rowdyzombie

Great grand turing tire?

Just as a follow up, I ended up getting the Yokohamas and they ride very good, lots of traction and at 12/32 tread should be long lasting.
  2. rowdyzombie

Great grand turing tire?

Yes mine comes stock with 18’s and sticker says 41 psi…hard as a rock. That’s why I bought 17’s. I haven’t driven goodyears, but most touring tires have B rating for temperature. The Eagle and Exhilerate are UHP tires though.
  3. rowdyzombie

Great grand turing tire?

Ok, thanks for the feedback. 32 psi is pretty low. The roads are concrete here so maybe all tires will be noisy.
  4. rowdyzombie

Great grand turing tire?

Hi, I currently drive an Audi A3 Sportback Etron, and using UHP-AS 235/45/17 Continental control Contact Sport SRS+ on an Enkie flow formed wheel. It is a good tire but I will need replacement soon as I only got 20k miles out of them. I want a softer ride with better longevity and more quiet...
  5. rowdyzombie

Trade in or Private Party Sale (what is my car worth?)

I used the mods lower effect on value back in 2009. I got an 04 R32 that had been sitting on an Audi lot too long for $18,5. It had Eibach/Bilstein suspension and an exhaust system. I played off like I didn’t want the mods…but it was ok to me. The car was mint, even got in contact with the...
  6. rowdyzombie

Advice needed - Which variant mk7/7.5 should I swap my Golf R for?

I been driving VW Golf based cars mostly over 25 years. Over a year ago I got a 17 Audi A3 Etron. I am averaging about 80 mpg, often commuting with no gas at all. It has 6 speed wet clutch DSG, and also extras like aluminum subframe, Jack points etc. It has a cool boost tachometer, you can...
  7. rowdyzombie

Air recirculation flap motor fail (again, on my other car!) with pics

Hi, yes when I take out the cabin filter and look inside I can see the recirculating flap and it has gears/cogs on both sides. I have not taken out the glovebox, but it appears to have motors on both sides. They groan and sounds like a dying motor 😆. When I ran the adaption, I carefully felt...
  8. rowdyzombie

Air recirculation flap motor fail (again, on my other car!) with pics

Nice, my 17 A3 Etron was making a groaning noise at startup this summer. I got a recirculation error in VCDS. I was able to get my hand in there, and put grease on the two plastic cog on both sides. I also did an adaptation on VCDS and it still groans at startup but no codes. When it starts...
  9. rowdyzombie

Trick to remove coilpack connectors?

Hi, yes I have a new car now - 17 Audi A3 Etron with 1.4T. I changed the spark plugs using a pick and elbow grease. It was a breeze with a pick and I would have never thought of a pick without asking here. The only issue with the 1.4 was an intake tube in the way of one of the coils, and the...
  10. rowdyzombie

VW G13 coolant no longer sold?

Nice TSB. Yes my car has G13 pink, not purple from factory. It can be mixed with G12++, and G12 Evo. Or G13 purple but don’t want a pink/purple color ha. Well hopefully G13 pink gets sold again. G13 was used from 2008 to 2017 so a lot of cars! My car is A3 Etron so I sure don’t want any...
  11. rowdyzombie

VW G13 coolant no longer sold?

Hi, my car is 2017 and uses pink G13 coolant. I wanted to do a drain / refill since the coolant is 5 years old. I went to VW dealer and they said it was no longer sold and VW says to use G12 Evo which is a new G 12 coolant. Problem- drain/refil usually only gets 1/2 of coolant out. I don’t...
  12. rowdyzombie

Coolant outlet 06K121143

Hi, I have read numerous posts about a plastic coolant connector that fails due to age/heat. I got around to replacing it with an EMD unit from ECS. Use coolant clamp pliers to remove top clamp then torx 27 to remove bottom bolt. I added about 1/3 gallon of coolant. Future headache avoided.
  13. rowdyzombie

How to retro-fit a bigger capacity battery to a Mk7 Golf

Hi I got my battery cover from the local VW dealer. I ordered it online and got a decent discount and picked it up so no shipping costs. It wasn’t cheap, I think about $70
  14. rowdyzombie

Is bad decision to change halogen headlights with helix

I been waiting all year to have a US supplier for the Osrams. I wonder why no biz imports these?
  15. rowdyzombie

Ouch! Big repair (Timing System/Cam Phasers)

I thought the timing chain setup was all fixed on this engine. 66k miles is hardly a long time for chains. Did something unusual happen to make it fail?