GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by QuasiAutomotive

1. QuasiAutomotive

Bear Mountain Runs (Ongoing)

Wow, those pics are really bad. Didn't that area get slammed with Lee... Irene... one or both of those?
  2. QuasiAutomotive

Bear Mountain Runs (Ongoing)

Hope everyone in the area is safe.
  3. QuasiAutomotive

Rear license plate

Dunno if it interests either of you (or anyone for that matter), but I have an OEM frameless bracket. It's two screws into the bumper and the plate attaches to it with four screws. I bought some black titanium ones just for the little details. https://www.shopdap.com/bracket-266.html
  4. QuasiAutomotive

FS: APR Red Ignition Coils (MS100192)

Don't want to be that guy, but you can buy these from APR right now for $180 and it qualifies for free shipping.
  5. QuasiAutomotive

SOLD......'rare' OZ Racing Motorsport Rally Asfalto Evo

Guess you'll just have to paint or wrap the car.
  6. QuasiAutomotive

*SOLD* A set of 4 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires *SOLD*

What's the manufacturing date?
  7. QuasiAutomotive

FS: ECS Spoiler Extension for GTI/R

If it isn't flat, then one of the clips isn't aligned correctly or might even be missing. I had my wife help me because getting that piece back on was the worst part of the whole install. I too walked away from it for a bit before circling back around.
  8. QuasiAutomotive

What coilover spring rates do you like/recommend for a daily driver that frequently sees twisty, hilly backroads?

I was definitely going to replace the hardware while in there. Didn't know they made kits with goodies. Thank you.
  9. QuasiAutomotive

What coilover spring rates do you like/recommend for a daily driver that frequently sees twisty, hilly backroads?

The main reason for my concern is that when I bought the set of coilovers, the default springs were 8k front and 5k rear which I know (or at least think) aren't going to be sufficient. So I started researching. However, due to feedback, they changed the default rates to 9k/7k right after I...
  10. QuasiAutomotive

First, let me start off with an apology. I know there are a million different discussions about this and trust me, I think I've read them all in the past 2 months. The only thing I've managed to convince myself of is that suspension is black voodoo magic and I already knew that beforehand. I...
  11. QuasiAutomotive

Gratuitous: DBA T2 rotors and Hawk HPS 5.0 pads after 1mo/1500miles

The car in question is a 2017 GTI SE with the Performance Pack. Brakes were installed exactly one month ago at 25595 miles and the car is currently just above 27k. Fluid needs to be changed but was left untouched for the sake of comparison. Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S about halfway through...
  12. QuasiAutomotive

EQT Balanced Line Coilovers Now Available!

What brought about the default spring rate change from 8/5 to 9/7 recently? I have a set on the way that shipped about two days ago and I'm kinda curious about what I'll receive.
  13. QuasiAutomotive

Legit Speed Front License Plate Bracket for Mk7 GTI ($70 shipped to lower 48)

On the car for approximately 10 months. I'm in a no-front-plate state now so this can go bye-bye. Comes with two sets of hardware. Why two? My first bracket was smashed by someone who decided to take a left turn from the far right lane. Unfortunately, I already occupied the left lane. Hardware...