GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by plastermaster

1. P

Interior back seat light problem

I noticed my back seat lights were staying on long after I exited the car. This might have happened due to my APR tune according to another thread on this. From that thread I found I am able to turn them off by pressing the font control button and the rear control button at the same time. Now...
  2. P

Is it possible a car can be this much fun?

I agree with the VW happiness factor. I rented a mercedes a few times when visiting southern CA before buying my MK7 Golf. I don't even have the handling and performance of the GTI and I find the golf to be a very close cousin to the Merc. First off the interior is very much the same in its...
  3. P

front sway bars

I put larger swaybars in the rear and the front. I can't remember the sizes but I do know the one in the rear is larger diameter. I find the back ends swings out before the front. I'm not sure why this is considered unsafe. I would rather my rear end swing out a bit on a right curve (in the USA)...
  4. P

Great grand turing tire?

Any time I've taken my car in for maintenance, or an occasional flat repair for some reason they let the air out of my tires. I understand that they look in the door sill and see the 32 PSI spec from the factory, and I can understand why they would fill up to 32 if they were below. What baffles...
  5. P

Drumming sound from tires?

What was the French company tire you switched to?
  6. P

Great grand turing tire?

I have the P7s on my golf. 205/55/16. Left the installer with 32 PSI. In a couple days they lost pressure. I added air and in a couple days they lost pressure again. Added again and it held steady after that. I don't know if it is the installer or the tire, but I'm guessing they were reluctant...
  7. P

Michelin Pilot A/S 4 - disappoint, suggestions?

I'm getting a little confused here. I've read posts that the AS 4s are squishy (not very crisp feeling for steering response) and also that their sidewalls are stiffer than the DWS 06+. However I am not finding reports that the DWS 06+ have the same squishy problem. Is anyone feeling the DWS +...
  8. P

email notifications

I've been following this great forum of ours for a few years now, and have never been able to receive email notifications when threads I participate in receive new posts. When I post on a thread I sometimes click on the box for following the thread and same with threads that I start. It appears...
  9. P

Conti DWS06 Extreme Contact alternatives

Has anyone tried the Bridgestone 980? Tire Rack puts them up with the Mich's and Continental DWS06+ and I think they also compared it earlier with the DWS06. In their opinion it wasn't their favorite, but it did lead the competitors in how precisely they handle and responsiveness. They lagged a...
  10. P

Battery sulfate deposits

I was looking around under the hood today and noticed white sulfate deposits around the bottom of the battery. The terminals and the sides of the battery look very clean. I bought this battery new in June of '23, so it's still a very new battery. I got the battery from AAA because my OEM battery...
  11. P

I should have mentioned my current tires are Centaro P7s. Not a performance tire, but rated high by Tire rack for the next step down, and the cornering and braking were barely behind the ultra high performance AS tires. The pressure rating on them I believe is 32 PSI. Anyway that's what the...
  12. P

I live in a moderate climate, (bay area CA) and could use a hybrid tire that was basically a summer tire that was good down to 30 deg, So, it would have summer tire tread but more of an all season compound. The most extreme weather I would be driving in is cold rain. I read a lot of reviews...
  13. P

engine knock

After driving some today, I would say with easy driving, (wife in the car) everything feels just a little smoother/better since the tune. Probably not enough to notice if I wasn't looking for it. I don't know really when the turbo starts spooling up, but even below 2500 rpm there is more torque...
  14. P

engine knock

Nothing stands out as far as a change in how linear the pedal travel is. For normal driving the RPM stays below 3000 with the AT. If I am getting on it, that slight stock delay is still there, plus there is a slight delay for the downshift. I think that is just the nature of the triptonic. I...
  15. P

Why can't I get rid of this car?

That settles it! I'm moving to NV!(y)