GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Parabola

1. Parabola

Stumbling start (intermittently, so that's fun [still not fixed, apparently])?

I agree it sucks throwing money away on parts, but it seems even stealerships can't figure this one out...
  2. Parabola

Not sure what the differences are, maybe call FCP and ask. I'd also try different sources, yeah I was thinking it shouldn't be more than $300.
  3. Parabola

Luckily replacing HPFP is an easy DIY job and pump is not overly expensive. I think it's worth giving it a shot.
  4. Parabola

Have you looked into replacing HPFP? I've been having similar intermittent issue on my 2015 with 53k miles, occasionally it will have trouble starting after sitting for 30 min (hot engine). Check out the post #36 below...
  5. Parabola

Goodbye, and thanks for the years!

Congrats on the CX-50, I tested one for my wife before we opted for a Tiguan, mainly based on space. I remember it drove very good, but I wasn't impressed with the back seat space. Just curious, what were the issues with the GTI that warranted expensive repairs?
  6. Parabola

Suction Pump Seal Recall

Just received email this morning from NHTSA about the recall, it seems that some 260k cars are affected. I know some owners had issues in the past with not being able to fuel up and fuel leaking afterwards...finally they forced VW to do something about it...
  7. Parabola

I am at about 52k but it's a 9yr old car. Just little bit of oil residue on the timing cover, not that bad.
  8. Parabola

Anybody replace the PCV valve as a preventative maintenance...at what interval?
  9. Parabola

Crank walk / class action (we need to get together)

Is it possible that some of these were installed backwards starving the thrust washer of oil? Are those two grooves oil passages?
  10. Parabola

Coolant silica bag, to remove or not?

Wow that is impressive mileage for VW turbo 4-banger…what are all the things you had to replace along the way?
  11. Parabola

Mk7 GTI vs. 2024 GLI

Water pump will go at some point, I am aware of that. Clutch and timing chain, those should be ok while I have the car...I will probably get rid of the car before those become due for replacement as I put roughly 5-6k miles/year on it.
  12. Parabola

Mk7 GTI vs. 2024 GLI

Don't really need a bigger car for myself, we also have a Tiguan in the house for trips. Every now and then I get the itch to get into something new, but Jetta seems like a downgrade in a lot of ways, except space. I don't intend to mod a GTI either, maybe APR+ mild tune at some point, but...
  13. Parabola

Mk7 GTI vs. 2024 GLI

I get what you’re saying, even though I haven’t had a chance to drive GLI…had a few rental Jettas over the years, and yeah interior does not stand up to mk7 GTI. Like I said, my GTI is super reliable and don’t really need to get into new ride, but just wanted to hear what others are saying who...
  14. Parabola

Mk7 GTI vs. 2024 GLI

I have a low mileage (~50,500 miles) 2015 GTI, manual, S with lightning package, which has served me well and it's been reliable so far. I upgraded the infotainment to MIB2 few years ago and, put in Helix sub and removed CDV from the bleeder in the clutch line, other than that it's stock...
  15. Parabola

Is the GTI considered Rare?

As rare as Toyota Corolla.