GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by MisterB

1. MisterB

DSG 'kick' when downshifting from 3 to 2

Hi all, haven't been here for a while as I was too caught up with work and stuff... Anyway, recently I experienced this with my DSG; when I was slowing down and the DSG was downshifting, between D3 and D2 there was a pronounced 'kick' from the gearbox, a similar sort of jerk you get if you are...
  2. MisterB

This hurts...

A momentary lapse in concentration in the carpark... "Hey bumper, I want you to meet Mr. Pillar." Hated myself at that very moment. :( :( :( :(
  3. MisterB

TPMS

So last night, I was picking up the wife along with her mother and sister from the airport following their week long shopping holiday. Loaded three large suitcases (barely) into the car and was driving home when this message showed up. When I collected the car, the TPMS was set at 210kpa/30psi...
  4. MisterB

7-speed DSG (DQ200) recall for oil change

An update on the recently announced global recall by VW. The dealer phoned me earlier today and my 2013-built MK7 DSG is included in the recall. I have an appointment with them tomorrow to get it sorted. As I understand, it is just a simple oil change that will (reportedly) prolong the...
  5. MisterB

Hello, I'm new!

Hello all, I am Ben from Singapore, collected my new Golf in June 2013. Specifications: Golf 7 1.4TSI 122 7-DSG 5-door Pure White 5" Composition Colour radio 16" Toronto Wheels Two zone Climatronic air-conditioning Due to the restrictive car-ownership schemes by the authorities, we have only...