GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mikkelz_za

1. mikkelz_za

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Waterpump and thermostat replaced. I got a low coolant light a few weeks ago, took my car to my dealer to have the coolant topped up as the level was indeed low. They suggested I bring it back in to test the cooling system, which I did. And I am glad I did. Prior to taking it back in to be...
  2. mikkelz_za

That looks really good!
  3. mikkelz_za

Not today, but recently: I finally fitted OEM mud flaps that I bought towards the end of last year. :cool: It took a while because I cut pieces of clear vinyl to stick underneath where the mud flaps overlap the bumper/body. Drilling the first hole was scary, but I was super careful and...
  4. mikkelz_za

@Will_ any chance of photos? I'd love whiter light!
  5. mikkelz_za

Thanks. :) I'm happy with it!
  6. mikkelz_za

Replaced the dead pedal/footrest The most difficult thing was trying to get hold of a T20 torx screwdriver. :D I love what it looks like, especially from a distance as I get into the car. The pedal itself is narrower than the stock so it did feel a bit strange at first. But I am already...
  7. mikkelz_za

Adam, those photos of your ride are epic!
  8. mikkelz_za

Thanks! It was rewarding to have done.
  9. mikkelz_za

Painted my wheel hubs (brake rotors) After seeing numerous photos of rusty wheel hubs (technically, the brake rotor is more correct?) and reading a few "how-to" guides, I decided to paint mine! Honestly, if I hadn't seen the photos it would not have bothered me. But what was seen could not be...
  10. mikkelz_za

Nice one! I wanted a Mann filter, but they aren't available here (South Africa) and shipping costs more than the filter itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  11. mikkelz_za

That is pretty gross hey? I am starting to doubt whether it was replaced from the original. In fact, I am going to contact my dealer and find out (although I wasn't the original/first owner).
  12. mikkelz_za

I replaced my cabin filter! My aircon hasn't been smelling fresh for a while and the service interval to replace it is still a while away. 5Q0819653 No wonder it smelt so bad! Much better. I didn't notice my aircon at all on the way to work this morning (other than it keeping me cool)...
  13. mikkelz_za

Thanks! Although, I think sitting around doing nothing would have been a wiser choice, in hindsight. :D
  14. mikkelz_za

I washed and polished the sh*t out of my car! :D Products used (for the first time) which I was impressed with: Autoglym - Polar Blast (creates thick snow foam) Autoglym - Magma (decontaminated the wheels and paintwork) Meguiars - PlastX (cleaned my headlights and some interior...