GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mercfh

1. M

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

The dealer sets a reminder interval for 5k for my 16' Golf (1.8t) and my wifes jetta (2017, 1.4t). Is this too low? And is it a problem if we sometimes go over slightly (by a thousand miles or so) They say they set it at 5k for that exact reason. What's the ACTUAL recommended mileage change...
  2. M

Question about Clutches in general!

So i've had my 16' Golf for about 2 years almost now, it's got about 32k on it and so far i've had zero issues with it. I've owned several manual cars (About 5 now) but something has bothered me about this car since i've owned it. The clutch itself is kinda shaky/noisy and just generally hard...
  3. M

What does RMS seal "look" like

I complained on here about a "Shudderyness" sometimes when going from stop-->1st where if you don't give it enough gas the car feels almost like a slight vibration. Someone mentioned it might be oil leaking on the clutch/flywheel from the RMS seal leaking (Which apparently is common) Is there...
  4. M

Folex for Cloth Seats?

Have a couple of chocolate ice cream stains and also a "dirty water" stain (from some mulch bags leaking). I have a 2016 Golf S and it has grey cloth seats. I've seen Folex mentions around and I also have a Bissel "Green Machine".....would folex work on this? I know people use it on...
  5. M

Car Shuddering going from Stop-->1st Gear

So I drive a 2016 1.8T normal Golf. I've been noticing this a lot but have kinda gotten used to it...but it does worry me. Sometimes at a top (especially on a slight, and especially in the morning after the car has been sitting) when I go from stop to first gear...the car will shudder a bit at...
  6. M

Worries about lugging....

So im paranoid about my car, it's a 2016 GOLF (1.8T). I know lugging is bad, but in general im trying not to wear out the clutch by going in at high rpms from a start (even though as you know, the MK7's Manual is a bit finicky). Anyways...what exactly is lugging? I know it's bad if your car is...
  7. M

16' Golf - I can't seem to drive this thing properly? (Manual)

Maybe it's just me, maybe im just stupid....but I've had the car for at least 6-7 months now (along with having driven a manual for 10 years) and I can NOT shift from a stop to 1st smoothly. it feels like either: A. I need to rev it way up, close to 2k and slip it for at least a second for it...
  8. M

Revved High on a Cold Engine, how bad is it?

So I made a huge mistake yesterday. I was parked on a steep hill (I drive a 1.8T, 2016 golf MANUAL). And there was a car right behind me. So I didn't want to back into the person so I laid on the gas pretty quickly after stepping off the clutch, and since it was steep I def overreved a bit...
  9. M

Heavy Vibration when letting go of Clutch?

I had this happen this morning, I was pulling off from a stop light and as I was letting off the clutch I felt a heavy vibration in the car (Almost like my tires were spinning on some water or something). But that def. wasn't it as I wasn't flooring it. Was I maybe not giving it enough gas...
  10. M

Shifting into 1st (When not stopped)

Is this inherently "awful" to do. I usually see this posted around as a "thing to never do"...but sometimes I feel like it's almost necessary. I generally will rev-match if doing that, but if you are crawling at 3 MPH (especially uphill) then 2nd will lug the hell out of the engine. So can...
  11. M

Clutch pedal vibration? Possibly Slippage?

So i've been noticing this a lot lately, car is a 16' Golf TSI, 8k miles on it. It seems when I go up a certain hill, my clutch pedal will vibrate a bit after feathering it a bit (Since you know the CDV means you have to feather the shit out of it, or rev it up way higher than needed). It's...
  12. M

How weak is our clutch?

I guess i've seen references to the MQ250 in 5-speed TSI's actually being pretty weak of a clutch. Have people been seeing replacements early? I worry about this because although i've had 5 manual cars....this car feels like you have to absolutely ride the hell out of them otherwise you get...
  13. M

Odd Clutch "Shudder", Any Damage?

So this has happened twice, in a VERY spaced out amount of time. Car is a 1.8T 2016 TSI Golf. Has around 7k miles on it. Anyways, I was starting from a stop at a stop sign, and start accelerating, but since the Clutch on this thing is weird you have to slip it way longer due to the CDV (Im...
  14. M

Weird idle Occasionally?

Car has 6k miles on it, and is a 16'. Does anyone else get a little "blip" in the idle occasionally? Just sitting there, feels like it gets rough for a second then goes away. I feel like maybe i've read about this before with the 1.8T, but I wanna make sure it's not just me.
  15. M

Squeak Near Front of Car when Exiting Driveway?

I have a slight slope on my driveway, so the front of the car dips a little when exiting the driveway and just about every morning I hear a squeak from what sounds like it's coming from the shocks? or front of the car somehow. Car has 7k on it and drives fine, any thoughts on what this could...