GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by maxwellheinrich

1. maxwellheinrich

Dealer told me I need a turbo replacement

I got a turbo replacement a little over a year ago due to a failing wastegate (with an EPC light). It is apparently common on early MK7s--if you are within your powertrain warranty, take it to an authorized VW dealer. I am Stage 2 Unitronic with a downpipe and they still replaced it at Morong in...
  2. maxwellheinrich

Best LED LOW BEAMS to fit into Helix Projector Headlamp for MK7 GTI?

just wanted to update this post--I ended up getting the attached HID kit from USP motorsports. my mechanic and I didn't want to take the risk of ordering LEDs that weren't going to fit, since most of their dimensions wouldn't have been friendly to the MK7 Helix replicas anyhow. i know this is...
  3. maxwellheinrich

Best LED LOW BEAMS to fit into Helix Projector Headlamp for MK7 GTI?

Hello, I am currently running a non-LP mk7 GTI. I Purchased the aftermarket Helix headlamps (to upgrade to a lighting package setup) which came with all halogen bulbs with an HID ready setup (I was unaware that some sites offered these helix headlamps with HID low beams installed within the...
  4. maxwellheinrich

2nd Gear Resistance in Cold Weather

hey everyone--hope i can get some insight from some other MK7 drivers who brave the colder climates, or anyone who might experience this for that matter (i live in Maine where winter temps average in the 20's). i get this issue all the way up to say 40ºF. i drive a 2016 MK7 GTI with a wavetrac...
  5. maxwellheinrich

Clutch Noise on MKVI GTI Following TTRS Pressure Plate + Sachs Clutch Disc Install

Hi, I recently left my car with a seasoned VW mastertech this week to install a Wavetrac LSD and Audi TTRS clutch with a Sachs clutch disk (TTRS clutch disk splines do not fit). I asked when I left everything if the parts looked good, and he confirmed. He successfully got the LSD in with no...
  6. maxwellheinrich

What did you do to your mk7 today?

day dreamed about it as it sits in an airport parking lot until friday night Sloan: What could happen to it? It's in a garage. Cameron: It could get wrecked, stolen, scratched, breathed on wrong, a pigeon could shit on it! Who knows?